Warner Bros. Pictures has announced at Comic-Con in San Diego that Superman will
team with Batman in an upcoming 2014 film.
"Man of Steel" director Zack Snyder will direct the film, CNN said, and the current Superman, Henry Cavill, will star.
The new Batman has not yet been cast.
Snyder's Superman film broke the record for the biggest June opening this summer, and took in $125.1 million its first weekend.
Snyder said he is excited to work with Cavill again.
"It's beyond mythological to have Superman and our new Batman facing off, since they are the greatest superheroes in the world," he said.
Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane will also return for the new film, Warner Bros. said.
Christian Bale, who played as Batman in the "The Dark Night" trilogy, said this month he wouldn't play the character in a fourth film.
Most Popular Stories
- Scholarships Offered for Hispanic Heritage Month
- Boeing Succeeds in Early Wooing of China Airline Startups
- Latin America Seeks Ways to Add Value to China Exports
- EU Finance Ministers Discuss Investment Plan
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- IS Releases New Beheading Video
- Detroit Bankruptcy: Pivotal Progress in Trial's Second Week
- Will Apple's Digital Wallet Conquer the Card Swipe?
- Apple Reportedly Spent $100MM for Free U2 Album from iTunes
- Olive Garden's Breadsticks Targeted by Activist Investor