Warner Bros. Pictures has announced at Comic-Con in San Diego that Superman will
team with Batman in an upcoming 2014 film.
"Man of Steel" director Zack Snyder will direct the film, CNN said, and the current Superman, Henry Cavill, will star.
The new Batman has not yet been cast.
Snyder's Superman film broke the record for the biggest June opening this summer, and took in $125.1 million its first weekend.
Snyder said he is excited to work with Cavill again.
"It's beyond mythological to have Superman and our new Batman facing off, since they are the greatest superheroes in the world," he said.
Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane will also return for the new film, Warner Bros. said.
Christian Bale, who played as Batman in the "The Dark Night" trilogy, said this month he wouldn't play the character in a fourth film.
Most Popular Stories
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- James Foley Killer Could Be ID'd Via Social Media, Voice Recognition
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- Spiders Get Bigger, Reproduce Faster in Cities
- Entrepreneur Contest Announced in Idaho
- U.S. Existing Home Sales Rise 4th Month Straight
- Why BofA Won't Pay $17 Billion After All
- Notes From the July FOMC Meeting