Warner Bros. Pictures has announced at Comic-Con in San Diego that Superman will
team with Batman in an upcoming 2014 film.
"Man of Steel" director Zack Snyder will direct the film, CNN said, and the current Superman, Henry Cavill, will star.
The new Batman has not yet been cast.
Snyder's Superman film broke the record for the biggest June opening this summer, and took in $125.1 million its first weekend.
Snyder said he is excited to work with Cavill again.
"It's beyond mythological to have Superman and our new Batman facing off, since they are the greatest superheroes in the world," he said.
Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane will also return for the new film, Warner Bros. said.
Christian Bale, who played as Batman in the "The Dark Night" trilogy, said this month he wouldn't play the character in a fourth film.
Most Popular Stories
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- World Tensions Don't Curb Enthusiasm for Stocks
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Visa, Amazon Results Drag Down the Street
- U.K. Economy Surpasses Pre-Crisis Peak
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Russia Fears Lasting Damage From Ukraine Crisis