Warner Bros. Pictures has announced at Comic-Con in San Diego that Superman will
team with Batman in an upcoming 2014 film.
"Man of Steel" director Zack Snyder will direct the film, CNN said, and the current Superman, Henry Cavill, will star.
The new Batman has not yet been cast.
Snyder's Superman film broke the record for the biggest June opening this summer, and took in $125.1 million its first weekend.
Snyder said he is excited to work with Cavill again.
"It's beyond mythological to have Superman and our new Batman facing off, since they are the greatest superheroes in the world," he said.
Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane will also return for the new film, Warner Bros. said.
Christian Bale, who played as Batman in the "The Dark Night" trilogy, said this month he wouldn't play the character in a fourth film.
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Selena Gomez, Shakira Among Top Hispanic Searches
- PhD Project Grooms Business Profs
- Futures Fall, Holiday Spending and Unemployment Up
- GM to Stop Making Autos in Australia
- Budget Deal Will Cut 220,000 Californians Out of Jobless Benefits
- Oil Nears $98 a Barrel
- Senate Not So Keen on Budget Deal