BRIT Awards organisers are to launch a new annual honour to celebrate major figures in music, with Sir Elton John announced as the first ever recipient.
The Rocket Man and Your Song star is to be given the Brits Icon Award at a show in September which will be broadcast later by ITV.
The prize - created by the BPI, music industry's trade body - will stand alone from the main Brit Awards.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- 'Holy grail of guitars' OM-45 Deluxe Available in in NY Auction