BRIT Awards organisers are to launch a new annual honour to celebrate major figures in music, with Sir Elton John announced as the first ever recipient.
The Rocket Man and Your Song star is to be given the Brits Icon Award at a show in September which will be broadcast later by ITV.
The prize - created by the BPI, music industry's trade body - will stand alone from the main Brit Awards.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- Aspen Contracting Adding 300 Jobs
- NSA Tracks 5 Billion Cellphone Records a Day
- Nelson Mandela Dies After Momentous Life
- Ford Mustang Still Packs Power
- Roybal-Allard Tours Gordon Brush Plant
- Fast-Food Workers Want $15 an Hour
- W.H. Corrects Itself on Unclegate
- Nelson Mandela Dead at 95
- Pope Francis Says He'll Fight Child Sex Abuse