BRIT Awards organisers are to launch a new annual honour to celebrate major figures in music, with Sir Elton John announced as the first ever recipient.
The Rocket Man and Your Song star is to be given the Brits Icon Award at a show in September which will be broadcast later by ITV.
The prize - created by the BPI, music industry's trade body - will stand alone from the main Brit Awards.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Family Dollar Spurning Bid From Dollar General
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Cedeno Named USHCC Businessman of the Year