Actor Dennis Farina, who played Detective Joe Fontana on the television series
"Law and Order," died Monday in Scottsdale, Ariz., his publicist said. He was
Farina, a former Chicago police officer who turned to acting, died of a blood clot in his lung, publicist Lori De Wall said in a statement.
While serving as a police consultant to the 1981 film "Thief," director Michael Mann gave Farina a small acting role, which led to an acting career in which Farina typically played police officers or mobsters. It led to his two-year role on "Law and Order," beginning in 2004, NBC News said.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- Ex-CalPERS Chief Admits Receiving Bribes
- Musk Donates to Tesla Museum
- U.S.' No. 2, No. 3 Tobacco Cos in Merger Talks
- Terrific World Cup Ends with Marquee Final in Brazil
- Samsung Earnings Hit by Slowing China Sales
- Freshman Frustrations in Congress
- Crumbs to Be Reopened by Chicago-based Investor, Owner of Dippin' Dots
- Sales Show Samsung Needs Next Big Thing
- Pau Gasol Turns Down Lakers' Offer