Actor Dennis Farina, who played Detective Joe Fontana on the television series
"Law and Order," died Monday in Scottsdale, Ariz., his publicist said. He was
Farina, a former Chicago police officer who turned to acting, died of a blood clot in his lung, publicist Lori De Wall said in a statement.
While serving as a police consultant to the 1981 film "Thief," director Michael Mann gave Farina a small acting role, which led to an acting career in which Farina typically played police officers or mobsters. It led to his two-year role on "Law and Order," beginning in 2004, NBC News said.
Most Popular Stories
- Boehner Lashes Out Against Ted Cruz, Far Right
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Hawaii Official Who Release Obama Certificate Only Victim of Plane Crash
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Ford Plans New Cars, Jobs in 2014
- Gold, Silver Slide on Prospects of Fed Exit
- 'Rape Insurance' Bill Passes in Michigan
- Ted Cruz Coloring Book Selling Briskly
- Kim Jong Un's Uncle Executed
- Scotch Whisky Sales Raise Distillers' Spirits