Actor Dennis Farina, who played Detective Joe Fontana on the television series
"Law and Order," died Monday in Scottsdale, Ariz., his publicist said. He was
Farina, a former Chicago police officer who turned to acting, died of a blood clot in his lung, publicist Lori De Wall said in a statement.
While serving as a police consultant to the 1981 film "Thief," director Michael Mann gave Farina a small acting role, which led to an acting career in which Farina typically played police officers or mobsters. It led to his two-year role on "Law and Order," beginning in 2004, NBC News said.
Most Popular Stories
- Paniagua Wins Grand Prize in Young Artists Program
- Cable TV Not Going Away, Says Cable TV
- Yaris Adds French Flair for US Market
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- Sub Hunt Brings Cold War Chill Back to Baltic
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- IBM to Pay Big to Unload Chip Division
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals