Actor Dennis Farina, who played Detective Joe Fontana on the television series
"Law and Order," died Monday in Scottsdale, Ariz., his publicist said. He was
Farina, a former Chicago police officer who turned to acting, died of a blood clot in his lung, publicist Lori De Wall said in a statement.
While serving as a police consultant to the 1981 film "Thief," director Michael Mann gave Farina a small acting role, which led to an acting career in which Farina typically played police officers or mobsters. It led to his two-year role on "Law and Order," beginning in 2004, NBC News said.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March