July 21--DOWN SOUTH
First lady of
Country music legend Loretta Lynn performs at Hard Rock Live at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino on Sept. 15. Lynn was the first woman to be named Country Music Association's Entertainer of the Year. Tickets: $39-$59, plus fees at ticketmaster.com or 800-745-3000.
New Jersey-based 21 year-old singer/songwriter Quincy Mumford is set to release his fifth album, "Its Only Change," with Quincy Mumford & The Reason Why on July 30, and he plays The Funky Buddha in Boca Raton on Aug. 22 and Guanabanas in Jupiter on Aug. 23. Info/tickets: www.QuincyMumford.com.
Romantic balladeer Engelbert Humperdinck performs at The Pavilion at Seminole Casino Coconut Creek at 8 p.m. Sept. 12. Tickets are $45, $55 and $65 at www.ticketmaster.com; 800-745-3000.
WEST PALM BEACH
Your doctors on stage
The second annual Physicians Talent Showcase benefitting Adopt-a-Family and the Kretzer Piano Music Foundation takes place at 7:30 p.m. Aug. 20 at the Harriet Himmel Theatre at CityPlace, 700 S. Rosemary Ave. Local, musically gifted doctors perform including singers, an all-physician band, a classical guitarist, a country singing hospital CEO, even ballroom dancers. Tickets: $50 at 866-449-2489.
WEST PALM BEACH
Entertainer of the year
Luke Bryan brings his "Dirt Road Diaries Tour" to Cruzan Amphitheatre at The South Florida Fairgrounds, 9067 Southern Blvd., at 7 p.m. Oct. 26, with two of country music's hottest duos as his special guests: Thompson Square and Florida Georgia Line. Tickets: $50 for the pit and reserved seating, $25.25 lawn, at livenation.com or 800-745-3000.
(c)2013 The Palm Beach Post (West Palm Beach, Fla.)
Visit The Palm Beach Post (West Palm Beach, Fla.) at www.palmbeachpost.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet