MUSIC lovers flocked to this year's SumMERTYNE Americana Festival in Gateshead. The three-day musical bonanza, which ends at The Sage today, celebrates some of the finest women in country music and has attracted fans from all across the country.
The event was praised by festival programmer Tamsin Austin who said: "As more and more Americana acts than ever pick up awards across the globe, we are thrilled to be throwing open our doors once again to welcome this year's contingent of friends from Nashville and across the US and UK" Acts yesterday included Brennen Leigh and Noel McKay, inset, and Geordie soul star John Turrell.
The Jumpin' Hot Outdoor Stage kicks off at 12pm today.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Mark Sanchez Suddenly a Hot QB Commodity
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf
- Ford Hires 300 at Louisville Lincoln Plant