MUSIC lovers flocked to this year's SumMERTYNE Americana Festival in Gateshead. The three-day musical bonanza, which ends at The Sage today, celebrates some of the finest women in country music and has attracted fans from all across the country.
The event was praised by festival programmer Tamsin Austin who said: "As more and more Americana acts than ever pick up awards across the globe, we are thrilled to be throwing open our doors once again to welcome this year's contingent of friends from Nashville and across the US and UK" Acts yesterday included Brennen Leigh and Noel McKay, inset, and Geordie soul star John Turrell.
The Jumpin' Hot Outdoor Stage kicks off at 12pm today.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Scotch Whisky Sales Raise Distillers' Spirits
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Health Coverage Disparities Emerge Among States
- Podesta Likely to Reject Keystone XL
- Fake Deaf Interpreter Was Hallucinating, Has Schizophrenia
- Tea Party Glum in Face of Bipartisan Budget Deal