MUSIC lovers flocked to this year's SumMERTYNE Americana Festival in Gateshead. The three-day musical bonanza, which ends at The Sage today, celebrates some of the finest women in country music and has attracted fans from all across the country.
The event was praised by festival programmer Tamsin Austin who said: "As more and more Americana acts than ever pick up awards across the globe, we are thrilled to be throwing open our doors once again to welcome this year's contingent of friends from Nashville and across the US and UK" Acts yesterday included Brennen Leigh and Noel McKay, inset, and Geordie soul star John Turrell.
The Jumpin' Hot Outdoor Stage kicks off at 12pm today.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Paniagua Wins Grand Prize in Young Artists Program
- Cable TV Not Going Away, Says Cable TV
- Yaris Adds French Flair for US Market
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- Sub Hunt Brings Cold War Chill Back to Baltic
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- IBM to Pay Big to Unload Chip Division
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals