MUSIC lovers flocked to this year's SumMERTYNE Americana Festival in Gateshead. The three-day musical bonanza, which ends at The Sage today, celebrates some of the finest women in country music and has attracted fans from all across the country.
The event was praised by festival programmer Tamsin Austin who said: "As more and more Americana acts than ever pick up awards across the globe, we are thrilled to be throwing open our doors once again to welcome this year's contingent of friends from Nashville and across the US and UK" Acts yesterday included Brennen Leigh and Noel McKay, inset, and Geordie soul star John Turrell.
The Jumpin' Hot Outdoor Stage kicks off at 12pm today.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- Obama Promoting Economic Gains As Elections Near
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Conquers the North American Box Office with $16.3M
- As States Legalize Pot, Will Traffic Deaths Rise?
- NATO Plans High-Readiness Force to Counter Russia
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go