MUSIC lovers flocked to this year's SumMERTYNE Americana Festival in Gateshead. The three-day musical bonanza, which ends at The Sage today, celebrates some of the finest women in country music and has attracted fans from all across the country.
The event was praised by festival programmer Tamsin Austin who said: "As more and more Americana acts than ever pick up awards across the globe, we are thrilled to be throwing open our doors once again to welcome this year's contingent of friends from Nashville and across the US and UK" Acts yesterday included Brennen Leigh and Noel McKay, inset, and Geordie soul star John Turrell.
The Jumpin' Hot Outdoor Stage kicks off at 12pm today.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Twitter Offers App Install Ads
- Asia Seeks Obama's Assurance Over Spats
- Nevada Range Showdown Draws Armed Supporters
- What to Expect From an Amazon Smartphone
- Coachella's Young Audience a Marketers Paradise
- Putin: No Blocks to Boosting Relations With West
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- National Energy Boom Blurs Political Battle Lines
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved