By SANDY COHEN
SAN DIEGO - The entire cast of X-Men thrilled fans at Comic-Con by uniting on stage Saturday in the San Diego Convention Center's largest hall.
Ian McKellan, Patrick Stewart, Halle Berry, Anna Paquin, Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender, James McEvoy, Ellen Page, Peter Dinklage, Hugh Jackman and others made for an impressive panel.
Director Bryan Singer also gave fans a first look at "X-Men: Days of Future Past," which is currently filming in Montreal.
McKellan said he was happy to be back in California at Comic-Con.
"I feel safe here now that you got rid of Prop. 8," he said, referring to the recently abolished law that prohibited same-sex marriage.
"I'm looking for a husband," he said. "It's great to meet you, Michael."
McKellan also said that the friendship he developed with Stewart making the "X-Men" movies led the two to work together on Broadway in two productions this fall.
Jackman also promoted his new film, "The Wolverine," which opens next week. The actor called the claw-wielding superhero "the greatest role out there."
"This is two great movies in one," he said. "The fact I'm with everybody here is something I'll never forget."
Follow AP Entertainment Writer Sandy Cohen at www.twitter.com/APSandy.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- Challenger Raises Bar on Muscle Cars
- Fight Against Teacher Tenure Gains Momentum
- Small Businesses Could Get Paid Faster
- Stevie Fielder Changes Tune on Thad Cochran Vote-buying Story
- California Chambers Head for the O.C.
- Reynolds, Lorillard in Merger Talks
- Perez Picks Heavily Hispanic Districts in Recount
- NHTSA Probes Ford Steering Problems
- Infiniti Exec de Nysschen to Head Cadillac