Fantasia Barrino has been tapped to appear in the Broadway musical revue, "After Midnight," a celebration of Duke Ellington, the Los Angeles Times reported.
"After Midnight" marks Barrino's first return Broadway since her starring role as Celie in "The Color Purple" in 2007, the Times said Friday.
She is slated to be the first in a series of guest stars to appear in the musical revue, which begins Nov. 3, the newspaper said.
"After Midnight" will be directed and choreographed by Warren Carlyle, Wynton Marsalis is the musical director and Isabel Toledo is costume designer.
The show will run through Feb. 9.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief