Fantasia Barrino has been tapped to appear in the Broadway musical revue, "After Midnight," a celebration of Duke Ellington, the Los Angeles Times reported.
"After Midnight" marks Barrino's first return Broadway since her starring role as Celie in "The Color Purple" in 2007, the Times said Friday.
She is slated to be the first in a series of guest stars to appear in the musical revue, which begins Nov. 3, the newspaper said.
"After Midnight" will be directed and choreographed by Warren Carlyle, Wynton Marsalis is the musical director and Isabel Toledo is costume designer.
The show will run through Feb. 9.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- Mark Sanchez Suddenly a Hot QB Commodity
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf
- Ford Hires 300 at Louisville Lincoln Plant