Fantasia Barrino has been tapped to appear in the Broadway musical revue, "After Midnight," a celebration of Duke Ellington, the Los Angeles Times reported.
"After Midnight" marks Barrino's first return Broadway since her starring role as Celie in "The Color Purple" in 2007, the Times said Friday.
She is slated to be the first in a series of guest stars to appear in the musical revue, which begins Nov. 3, the newspaper said.
"After Midnight" will be directed and choreographed by Warren Carlyle, Wynton Marsalis is the musical director and Isabel Toledo is costume designer.
The show will run through Feb. 9.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- Microsoft's Cloud Platform Shines
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes
- New Effort to Ban Child Labor From Tobacco Farms