Fantasia Barrino has been tapped to appear in the Broadway musical revue, "After Midnight," a celebration of Duke Ellington, the Los Angeles Times reported.
"After Midnight" marks Barrino's first return Broadway since her starring role as Celie in "The Color Purple" in 2007, the Times said Friday.
She is slated to be the first in a series of guest stars to appear in the musical revue, which begins Nov. 3, the newspaper said.
"After Midnight" will be directed and choreographed by Warren Carlyle, Wynton Marsalis is the musical director and Isabel Toledo is costume designer.
The show will run through Feb. 9.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- Social Media Causee Sleep Deprivation in Students
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Unexpectedly
- Banks Buying Little From Minority Firms: Study
- General Electric Plans IPO of Credit Card Unit
- 'Candy Crush' Maker Files IPO
- SXSW Crash Kills 2, Injures 23
- First-time U.S. Jobless Claims Hit 3-month Low
- U.S. Business Inventories Up, Retail Sales Down