July 02--A veteran engineer and a young conductor racing against the clock to stop an unmanned, half-mile-long freight train barreling toward a city sounds like heart-stopping action to me, even if the train is "Unstoppable," the 2010 film that airs at 8 p.m. today on FX.
Directed by Tony Scott, the film stars Denzel Washington, Chris Pine and Rosario Dawson.
How well do you remember train films?
1. This murder-mystery from 1974 was based on one of Agatha Christie's books. Can you name the film as well as the actor who portrayed Hercule Poirot, one of Christie's most famous sleuths?
2. This duo (George and Grover) found romance, murder and mayhem on this train when one of them witnesses a murder no one believes happened. Name the famous acting pair and the 1976 film.
3. In a lighthearted 2004 family film, this train took a boy to the North Pole.
4. Who directed the suspense-thriller "Strangers on a Train" (1951)?
5. This same director must have really liked trains because he also directed this 1938 classic in which the passengers of a train try to convince Margaret Lockwood's character that the woman she had talked to never was on the train in the first place. Name the film.
Answers: 1. "Murder on the Orient Express," which starred Albert Finney in the Poirot role. 2. Gene Wilder and Richard Pryor starred on "Silver Streak." 3. "The Polar Express." 4. Alfred Hitchcock. 5. "The Lady Vanishes."
(c)2013 The News-Sentinel (Fort Wayne, Ind.)
Visit The News-Sentinel (Fort Wayne, Ind.) at www.news-sentinel.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- Target Slashes Annual Profit Outlook
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- Google Kid Accounts Plan Raises Worries
- Honda's Safe Approach Pays Off in Sales
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Islamic Militant in James Foley Beheading Video May Be English