You can't beat dollar movies
Hit the dollar movies with the kids through Aug. 8, at the Frank Theatres CineBowl & Grille at Delray Marketplace, 14775 Lyons Road. Animated films begin at 10 a.m. Monday through Thursday and the schedule includes lots of your kids' favorites: "Puss N Boots," "How to Train Your Dragon," "Madagascar 3," and "Despicable Me." Feel like splurging? Get a popcorn/beverage combo for $3. Info: www.franktheatres.com
WEST PALM BEACH
A topic worth buzzing about
Al Salopek will demystify the honeybee at his lecture during the meeting of the Audubon Society of the Everglades at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, at the Pine Jog Environmental Education Center, 6301 W. Summit Blvd. Free. Info: www.auduboneverglades.org
Environmental film series
Passport to Science, a summer movie series, screens "On the Brink" at 1 p.m. Wednesday, at the Johnson Education Center at Harbor Branch Oceanographic Institute at FAU, 5600 U.S. 1 N. Hosted by Dr. Jim Masterson. Free. Refreshments available. Ages 9 and older. Info: 772-242-2559.
PALM BEACH GARDENS
Like sales, bargains?
Treasures for Hope Charity Store hosts a special Independence Holiday Sale with music and food from 10 a.m.-- 6 p.m. Friday and 10 a.m. -- 4 p.m. Saturday, at 3540 Northlake Blvd. Benefits Place of Hope, a faith-based, state-licensed child welfare organization. Info: 561-691-8881; www.treasuresforhope.org.
Love music from the '70s
8-TRACK, a fast-paced musical romp through the '70s, runs through Sunday, at the Plaza Theatre, 262 S. Ocean Blvd. Tickets: $38. 561- 588-1820; www.theplazatheatre.net
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Discounts Help U.S. Auto Sales Sizzle in July
- Russia, Ukraine Now Face Off Over Football Clubs
- Colorado Issuing Immigrant Driver's Licenses
- Fiat Looks Abroad After Chrysler Merger Vote
- MassMutual Teams Up With ALPFA
- Chrysler U.S. Sales in July Hit 9-Year High
- Recruiting and Keeping the Perfect Employee
- Obama Vows to Veto House Immigration Bill
- Dow Wipes Out Gains for the Year: What Happens Now?