MONTREAL, QUEBEC -- (Marketwired) -- 07/02/13 -- Northcore Resources Inc.'s ("Northcore")(TSX VENTURE: NCR) 50% Joint-Venture partner "Ressources Minieres Vanstar"-(TSX VENTURE: VSR) plans to start Phase I exploration work on their joint Little Monster property in early July, 2013. This property borders on Tomagold Corporation's Monster Lake and Winchester projects in the Chapais-Chibougamau region of Quebec. The property is comprised of 20 map designated exploration cells with a total area of approximately 1,040 hectares transected by the north-easterly trending Fancamp deformation corridor.
This first phase of exploration will include a geological survey, ground geophysics including a magnetic survey as well as prospecting and sampling. Future work on the property will be determined subject to results of this program. Vanstar is the project manager. The exploration program will be supervised by Mr. Daniel Kelly, P. Geo., Consulting Geologist.
In the immediate vicinity to the north-west of the Little Monster property recent drilling by Tomagold produced high gold assays on their adjacent Monster Lake property. Notably, Tomagold's Monster Lake Zone 325 is located within a kilometer from the western boundary of the Monster Lake JV project (See Tomagold press release of March 8, 2013- 6 m @32.6 g/t Au in Hole M-13-99, and April 22, 11.3 m @ 8.65 g/t Au in Hole M-13-105).
Other gold deposits in the region to the south-east and hosted within the roughly east-west trending Opawica-Guercheville deformation corridor include the Philibert and Meston Lake with reported historical resources of 1.4 million mt @ 5.32 g/t Au- DV9301 and 1.225 millions mt @ 6.35 g/t Au - MB89-17, respectively and the former Joe Mann Mine which produced1.25 million oz gold since the 1950's. - Mining Journal 05-Dec-2007).
The technical content of this press release was reviewed and approved by James Garber, P.Geo., Director of Northcore Resources, professional geologist and qualified person in accordance with the Canadian regulatory requirements as set out in National Instrument 43-101.
Northcore Resources Inc.
Garry Majerle, Chairman of the Board
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11