WASHINGTON, July 2, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials (NALEO) announced the reelection of its president, California State Senator Alex Padilla, and officers. The president and board leadership were reelected at the organization's board of directors meeting on June 30 in Chicago, Ill., following the group's 30th Annual Conference.
"I am humbled and honored that my colleagues have chosen me to again lead this organization," said NALEO President Alex Padilla. "The coming months offer our organization and community an extraordinary opportunity to ensure comprehensive immigration reform becomes a reality in 2013. I look forward to continuing to work with the board and the rest of our membership to move this issue forward and to ensure the policy priorities of Latinos are addressed.
"Our organization will also continue our efforts to promote professional development opportunities that foster effective public service among our nation's Latino leadership, working with NALEO members and public officials from both parties and every level of office."
The NALEO Board of Directors unanimously reelected California State Senator Alex Padilla to serve as president of the organization. Other board officers reelected during the meeting include City of Aventura (FL) Commissioner Luz Urbaez-Weinberg as vice president; Gila (AZ) Regional Partnership Council member Fernando Shipley as treasurer; and Edinburg (TX) School Board Member Robert Pena as secretary.
The National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials is the leadership organization of the nation's more than 6,000 Latino elected and appointed officials.
Contact: Amanda Bosquez, email@example.com (202) 546-2536 ext. 12, (361) 548-6989 (cell)
Paula Valle Castanon, firstname.lastname@example.org (213) 747-7606 ext. 4414, (323) 253-6431 (cell)National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials (NALEO)
Most Popular Stories
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- HTC Makes Windows Version of Flagship One Phone
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- Rising Freight Prices Signal Global Recovery
- Eric Holder Bringing Civil Rights Reminders to Ferguson
- Sprint Cancels Framily, Rolls Out New Data Pricing Plan
- Uber Hires Obama Campaign Manager David Plouffe
- Russia Claims Ukraine Leaders Are Satanists, Jews or Maybe Even Scientologists
- Bob Marley Musical to Make Premiere in Baltimore