British actor and writer Michael Palin is to star in the World War I-set television movie "The Wipers Times," the BBC announced.
The network described the show as "a story of the extraordinary resilience of the human spirit in the face of overwhelming adversity."
Written by Ian Hislop and Nick Newman, it is based on the true story of how soldiers produced a satirical newspaper after finding a printing press in a bombed-out building in the Belgian town of Ypres.
Ben Chaplin, Julian Rhind-Tutt, Steve Oram and Emilia Fox will co-star in the telepicture.
Palin's last major small-screen role was in 1991's "GBH." The former Monty Python troupe member is now best known for his TV travel series.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Downside of Low Mortgage Rates: Less Selling
- Bundy Ranch Standoff Has Spurred Radical Right
- Small Businesses Could Get Paid Faster
- Correction: North Dakota Saltwater Spill Story
- Economists Sharply Cut Forecasts for U.S. Growth
- Reynolds, Lorillard in Merger Talks
- House Votes to Make Bonus Depreciation Permanent
- Wells Fargo Profit Up, Revenue Down
- Emmys: 'Orange' Marks Break From Sitcoms
- Repubs to Sue Obama for Delaying Obamacare