British actor and writer Michael Palin is to star in the World War I-set television movie "The Wipers Times," the BBC announced.
The network described the show as "a story of the extraordinary resilience of the human spirit in the face of overwhelming adversity."
Written by Ian Hislop and Nick Newman, it is based on the true story of how soldiers produced a satirical newspaper after finding a printing press in a bombed-out building in the Belgian town of Ypres.
Ben Chaplin, Julian Rhind-Tutt, Steve Oram and Emilia Fox will co-star in the telepicture.
Palin's last major small-screen role was in 1991's "GBH." The former Monty Python troupe member is now best known for his TV travel series.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- Clinton Rallies Early Vote for Landrieu
- Car Drivers Warned to Get Air Bags Fixed
- 'Fury' Gets Into Soldiers' Minds: Brad Pitt
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals