British actor and writer Michael Palin is to star in the World War I-set television movie "The Wipers Times," the BBC announced.
The network described the show as "a story of the extraordinary resilience of the human spirit in the face of overwhelming adversity."
Written by Ian Hislop and Nick Newman, it is based on the true story of how soldiers produced a satirical newspaper after finding a printing press in a bombed-out building in the Belgian town of Ypres.
Ben Chaplin, Julian Rhind-Tutt, Steve Oram and Emilia Fox will co-star in the telepicture.
Palin's last major small-screen role was in 1991's "GBH." The former Monty Python troupe member is now best known for his TV travel series.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- McDonald's Names Another U.S. President
- Sahara Casino Rises Anew as SLS Las Vegas
- U.S. Supporters of Islamic State Get Close Scrutiny
- The Hip New Career? Farming
- Job Market Shifts Complicate Yellen's Rate Decision
- Deere Announces New Round of Layoffs
- Chinese Coal Gas Boom Poses Climate Risks
- Dems Losing Fear of Obamacare
- Swiss Suicide Tourism Doubled Since 2009