British actor and writer Michael Palin is to star in the World War I-set television movie "The Wipers Times," the BBC announced.
The network described the show as "a story of the extraordinary resilience of the human spirit in the face of overwhelming adversity."
Written by Ian Hislop and Nick Newman, it is based on the true story of how soldiers produced a satirical newspaper after finding a printing press in a bombed-out building in the Belgian town of Ypres.
Ben Chaplin, Julian Rhind-Tutt, Steve Oram and Emilia Fox will co-star in the telepicture.
Palin's last major small-screen role was in 1991's "GBH." The former Monty Python troupe member is now best known for his TV travel series.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Cape Cod Building Mussel Industry
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Sears Denies Store Closings, Layoffs Report
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan
- Microsoft Beats Income Expectations