British actor and writer Michael Palin is to star in the World War I-set television movie "The Wipers Times," the BBC announced.
The network described the show as "a story of the extraordinary resilience of the human spirit in the face of overwhelming adversity."
Written by Ian Hislop and Nick Newman, it is based on the true story of how soldiers produced a satirical newspaper after finding a printing press in a bombed-out building in the Belgian town of Ypres.
Ben Chaplin, Julian Rhind-Tutt, Steve Oram and Emilia Fox will co-star in the telepicture.
Palin's last major small-screen role was in 1991's "GBH." The former Monty Python troupe member is now best known for his TV travel series.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- Eid al-Fitr Celebrations Mark End of Ramadan
- Anarchy, Chaos Sweep Across Libya
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- Israeli Criticism of Kerry Annoys White House
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- Hobby Lobby Ruling Exempts Satanic Temple From Hobby Lobby Ruling
- Oppression of Women Cripples Africa: Obama
- Vancrest Assisted Living Project to Add 20 Jobs