Palm Beach Dramaworks has added Stephen Sondheim's Company to its summer musical theater concert series. The show will play Aug. 7-18 at the theater, 201 N. Clematis St., West Palm Beach
Considered the first concept musical, it is a series of vignettes in which a 35-year-old bachelor observes his married friends while struggling with commitment. Songs include The Ladies Who Lunch, Another Hundred People, Company and Being Alive.
The series' other show is Man of La Mancha, which runs July 10- 21. It will feature William Michals in the role of the eternally optimistic Don Quixote. Michals' past shows include the Lincoln Center revival of South Pacific and the Broadway production of Beauty and the Beast.
Shows will be performed with limited musical accompaniment and minimal staging.
For information, call 514-4042 or visit palmbeachdramaworks.org.
-- JAN SJOSTROM
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- Bipartisan Negotiators Reach Modest Budget Agreement
- Justin Bieber Visits Typhoon Victims, Plays Concert
- MasterCard to Split Shares, Raise Dividend
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- Senate Dems Move Forward With Obama Nominees
- Obama Nominee Confirmed for D.C. Appeals Court
- New Obama Aide to Focus on Climate Change
- GOP, Dems Strain to Unearth a Modest Budget Pact
- Office Depot Moving HQ to Florida