Rising tensions in Egypt and positive sentiment in equity markets pushed crude
oil above $98 per barrel in New York Tuesday morning.
On the New York Mercantile Exchange, west Texas Intermediate crude oil added 33 cents to $98.32 per barrel. Reformulated blendstock gasoline gained 2.46 cents to $2.7625 per gallon. Home heating oil added 0.76 cents to reach $2.8812 per gallon.
Natural gas gained 3.1 cents to $3.608 per million British thermal units.
At the pump, the average price for a gallon of unleaded regular gasoline was $3.478, down from Monday's $3.487, the AAA Fuel Gauge report said.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Ukraine Loan Delayed While Congress Goes on Vacation
- Ukraine Moves Closer to Joining E.U.
- Venezuela Death Toll Reaches 28
- Navarro Celebrates 2 Years of Vida Mia
- Russia Holds Large Military Drills in South
- Herbalife Puts Off Meeting for Icahn Talks
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Federal Gov't Deficit Continues to Decline