Rising tensions in Egypt and positive sentiment in equity markets pushed crude
oil above $98 per barrel in New York Tuesday morning.
On the New York Mercantile Exchange, west Texas Intermediate crude oil added 33 cents to $98.32 per barrel. Reformulated blendstock gasoline gained 2.46 cents to $2.7625 per gallon. Home heating oil added 0.76 cents to reach $2.8812 per gallon.
Natural gas gained 3.1 cents to $3.608 per million British thermal units.
At the pump, the average price for a gallon of unleaded regular gasoline was $3.478, down from Monday's $3.487, the AAA Fuel Gauge report said.
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- California King Fire Roars Out of Control
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Is Alibaba's IPO Price a Fairytale?
- Kardashian: Kanye Never Told Fan in Wheelchair to Stand Up
- SBA Kicks off Hispanic Heritage Month
- CalPERS Pulls Out of Hedge Funds
- U.S. Tobacco Growers Lose Last of Price Supports
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- Two-thirds of Hispanics Doubt Media Accuracy