Rising tensions in Egypt and positive sentiment in equity markets pushed crude
oil above $98 per barrel in New York Tuesday morning.
On the New York Mercantile Exchange, west Texas Intermediate crude oil added 33 cents to $98.32 per barrel. Reformulated blendstock gasoline gained 2.46 cents to $2.7625 per gallon. Home heating oil added 0.76 cents to reach $2.8812 per gallon.
Natural gas gained 3.1 cents to $3.608 per million British thermal units.
At the pump, the average price for a gallon of unleaded regular gasoline was $3.478, down from Monday's $3.487, the AAA Fuel Gauge report said.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Pope Francis, Huge Crowd Joyously Celebrate Easter
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- GM Boosting China Production Capacity
- GOP Making Bold Play for Oregon Senate Seat
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved
- Confusion, Anger as Sunken Ferry's Relatives Wait
- Delay in Ferry Evacuation Puzzles Maritime Experts
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- Putin: No Blocks to Boosting Relations With West