Rising tensions in Egypt and positive sentiment in equity markets pushed crude
oil above $98 per barrel in New York Tuesday morning.
On the New York Mercantile Exchange, west Texas Intermediate crude oil added 33 cents to $98.32 per barrel. Reformulated blendstock gasoline gained 2.46 cents to $2.7625 per gallon. Home heating oil added 0.76 cents to reach $2.8812 per gallon.
Natural gas gained 3.1 cents to $3.608 per million British thermal units.
At the pump, the average price for a gallon of unleaded regular gasoline was $3.478, down from Monday's $3.487, the AAA Fuel Gauge report said.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief