Rising tensions in Egypt and positive sentiment in equity markets pushed crude
oil above $98 per barrel in New York Tuesday morning.
On the New York Mercantile Exchange, west Texas Intermediate crude oil added 33 cents to $98.32 per barrel. Reformulated blendstock gasoline gained 2.46 cents to $2.7625 per gallon. Home heating oil added 0.76 cents to reach $2.8812 per gallon.
Natural gas gained 3.1 cents to $3.608 per million British thermal units.
At the pump, the average price for a gallon of unleaded regular gasoline was $3.478, down from Monday's $3.487, the AAA Fuel Gauge report said.
Most Popular Stories
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Ford Hires 300 at Louisville Lincoln Plant
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- U.S. Begins Air Surveillance of ISIS in Syria
- Mark Sanchez Suddenly a Hot QB Commodity