TORONTO, ONTARIO -- (Marketwired) -- 07/02/13 -- Caledonia Mining Corporation ("Caledonia") (TSX: CAL)(OTCQX: CALVF)(AIM: CMCL) is pleased to announce gold production from its 49%-owned subsidiary, the Blanket Mine in Zimbabwe ("Blanket") during the second quarter and six months ending June 30, 2013 (the "Quarter" and "First Half Year", respectively).
11,592oz of gold were produced during the Quarter, a 10.7% increase on gold production in Q1 2013 (10,472oz) and a 0.3% increase on gold produced in Q2 2012 (11,560oz).
22,064oz of gold were produced in the First Half Year of 2013, a 6.5% increase on gold production in the first half year of 2012 (20,724oz).
The gold production for the Quarter is subject to minor revisions following the receipt of final assays for the last two deliveries to the refinery.
Further information regarding Caledonia's exploration activities and operations along with its latest financials and Management Discussion and Analysis may be found at www.caledoniamining.com.
Caledonia Mining Corporation
+27 11 447 2499
Graham Herring/Adam Lloyd
+44 20 7653 9850
CHF Investor Relations
+1 416 868 1079 x 238
John Prior/Jamie Loughborough/James Black
+44 20 7260 1000
Adrian Hadden/Nick Field
+44 20 7220 1751
Most Popular Stories
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- Why Buffett Bets Big on Green Energy
- 3 Shot Dead in Venezuela Unrest
- Better Pay Means Bigger Profits: Strategist
- Banks Buying Little From Minority Firms: Study
- Several Texas Cities Top Job Search List
- Senate Committee OKs Bill to Sanction Russia
- Wall Street Rally Heads Off 3rd Day of Decline
- G7 Presses Russia to Pull Troops Out of Crimea
- Obama's 'Between Two Ferns' Appearance Has Conservatives Upset