TORONTO, ONTARIO -- (Marketwired) -- 07/02/13 -- As part of BMO Financial Group's ongoing commitment to financial literacy and 'Making Money Make Sense', BMO is releasing a financial tip every day in the summer to help Canadians make the 'BMOst of summer' in 2013.
'BMOst of Summer' Financial Tip of the Day: Include medical insurance in summer travel to protect against the unexpected.
Canadians plan to spend an average of $3,073 on summer travel this year. However, fewer than half will purchase travel medical insurance, according to a recent BMO Insurance study.
Summer travellers should consider getting travel medical insurance before leaving on their holiday to protect themselves against unforeseen events, which can provide peace of mind during their trip.
"Medical emergencies can happen anywhere, anytime, so it's important to ensure you have the proper insurance coverage in place so that you don't put yourself at financial risk should an unfortunate event occur," said Julie Barker-Merz, Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, BMO Insurance. "Just like packing sunscreen, making sure you have travel medical insurance should be a high-priority item on any traveler's summer vacation to-do list."
For information about BMO Travel Insurance, please visit www.bmo.com/home/personal/banking/insurance/travel.
BMO offers a number of products and services that can help Canadians get more out of every dollar they spend this summer. For more details on how to make the 'BMOst of Summer,' drop by a BMO branch or visit bmo.com.
The online survey was conducted by Pollara with a random sample of 1,000 Canadians 18 years of age and over, between May 9 and May 13, 2013.
About BMO Financial Group
Established in 1817 as Bank of Montreal, BMO Financial Group is a highly-diversified North American financial services organization. With total assets of $555 billion as at April 30, 2013, and more than 46,000 employees, BMO Financial Group provides a broad range of personal and commercial banking, wealth management and investment banking products and solutions.
Jessica Park, Toronto
Valerie Doucet, Montreal
Laurie Grant, Vancouver
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?