ATLANTA, GA -- (Marketwired) -- 07/19/13 -- Sibling Group Holdings, Inc. (OTCQB: SIBE), (http://www.siblinggroup.com) (the "Company"), whose business strategy is focused on the development and acquisition of 21st century educational management services and education technology, announced it intends to extend its focus on education to include social and emotional needs of children by introducing "Teach the Teacher" programs in Social and Emotional Learning ("SEL") curriculums for the professional development of teachers, with application ranging from Pre-K through K-12. Further, it expects to utilize a combination of online and after-school programs to deliver the curriculum. It intends to begin its efforts through either the acquisition of an existing program provider, or via a license arrangement. A number of well qualified situations are currently under consideration.
Among the most respected experts in SEL is the Collaborative for Academic, Social and Emotion Learing, ("CASEL"), whose work can be found at http://casel.org/why-it-matters/, social and emotional learning involves the processes through which children and adults acquire and effectively apply the knowledge, attitudes, and skills in five competency areas:
1. Self-awareness: Recognizing one's emotions and thoughts and their influence on behavior.
2. Self-management: Regulating one's emotions, thoughts, and behaviors effectively in different situations.
3. Social awareness: Taking the perspective of and empathizing with others.
4. Relationship skills: Establishing and maintaining healthy and rewarding relationships with diverse individuals and groups.
5. Responsible decision making: Making constructive and respectful choices about personal behavior and social interactions.
These competencies can be taught and measured, and research shows that students with these skills do better in school and life (Durlak, Weissberg, Dymnicki, Taylor, & Schellinger, 2011; Goleman, 2005; Greenberg et al., 2003; Institute of Medicine, 2009; National Research Council, 2012).
Educators now report with more frequency that attention must be given to the whole child and his social, emotional and behavioral well-being. Studies of high-quality SEL programs have identified the positive impact they have on a student's academic success and personal growth. In addition to promoting deep social relationships, results for socially adept students include improved school attendance as well as improved academic performance.
While SEL programs vary in their delivery system, all are designed to teach students to handle emotions appropriately, avoid negative behaviors (i.e. bullying), make positive decisions and improve social skills. To further this objective, Sibling intends to develop online programs to teach SEL skillsets to teachers with a secondary goal of developing an approved certification program to enhance employment opportunities for teachers with SEL credentials. Sibling's focus on social and emotional learning is just one more advance to complete educational growth in the 21st century.
About Sibling Group Holdings, Inc.: Sibling Group Holdings, Inc. (SIBE) intends to acquire advanced technology and education management operations to enhance and accelerate the delivery of 21st century learning using multiple teaching and learning modalities on a global basis. The mission will be accomplished by accessing funds from the public capital markets and melding them into a unified strategy that will help to accelerate the improvement of K-12 education across the globe. The desired result will be better educated children, a sustainable and cost effective teaching model, primarily for K-12 education, and reduced dependence on governmental funding. For a complete overview please visit the Company web site at: http://www.siblinggroup.com.
Safe Harbor: This press release may contain forward-looking statements that involve a number of risks and uncertainties and are made pursuant to the Safe Harbor Provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Sibling Entertainment Group Holdings, Inc. is subject to risks detailed from time to time in its publicly filed documents available at http://www.sec.gov. Sibling Entertainment Group Holdings, Inc. does not undertake to update any forward-looking statements that it may make to conform to actual results. All current and potential shareholders are asked to read all filings for the Company at the Securities and Exchange Commission web site, http://www.SEC.gov.
Mr. Neal Sessions
Chairman and CEO
Sibling Group Holdings, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- U.S. Stocks Rise on Sysco Acquisition
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- American Airlines, US Airways Complete Merger
- Unemployed Wait as Lawmakers Debate
- Tech Giants Call for Controls on Government Snooping