Australian actress Rose Byrne is in talks to play Grace in the upcoming movie
musical remake of "Annie," The Hollywood Reporter said.
Quvenzhane Wallis has been cast as the adorable titular orphan in the contemporary film, while Jamie Foxx is to play the wealthy Oliver "Daddy" Warbucks character, who has been renamed Benjamin Stacks, and Cameron Diaz is on-board to play nasty orphanage manager Miss Hannigan.
Grace will be Stacks' assistant and a mother figure for Annie in the movie, which is being produced by Jay Z and Will Smith. It is set for release Christmas Day 2014, the entertainment industry trade newspaper said.
Byrne is best known for her work on TV's "Damages" and in the big-screen comedy "Bridesmaids."
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Mark Sanchez Suddenly a Hot QB Commodity
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Set Pace in Florida
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Laid-off Workers Return to Their Fields
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?