Australian actress Rose Byrne is in talks to play Grace in the upcoming movie
musical remake of "Annie," The Hollywood Reporter said.
Quvenzhane Wallis has been cast as the adorable titular orphan in the contemporary film, while Jamie Foxx is to play the wealthy Oliver "Daddy" Warbucks character, who has been renamed Benjamin Stacks, and Cameron Diaz is on-board to play nasty orphanage manager Miss Hannigan.
Grace will be Stacks' assistant and a mother figure for Annie in the movie, which is being produced by Jay Z and Will Smith. It is set for release Christmas Day 2014, the entertainment industry trade newspaper said.
Byrne is best known for her work on TV's "Damages" and in the big-screen comedy "Bridesmaids."
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Pope Francis, Huge Crowd Joyously Celebrate Easter
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- GM Boosting China Production Capacity
- GOP Making Bold Play for Oregon Senate Seat
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- Confusion, Anger as Sunken Ferry's Relatives Wait
- Delay in Ferry Evacuation Puzzles Maritime Experts
- Putin: No Blocks to Boosting Relations With West