Australian actress Rose Byrne is in talks to play Grace in the upcoming movie
musical remake of "Annie," The Hollywood Reporter said.
Quvenzhane Wallis has been cast as the adorable titular orphan in the contemporary film, while Jamie Foxx is to play the wealthy Oliver "Daddy" Warbucks character, who has been renamed Benjamin Stacks, and Cameron Diaz is on-board to play nasty orphanage manager Miss Hannigan.
Grace will be Stacks' assistant and a mother figure for Annie in the movie, which is being produced by Jay Z and Will Smith. It is set for release Christmas Day 2014, the entertainment industry trade newspaper said.
Byrne is best known for her work on TV's "Damages" and in the big-screen comedy "Bridesmaids."
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Scripps Shares Rise on Reported Bid Talks
- Californians Want to Legalize Marijuana
- Budget Deal Sets Off Grumbles in Both Houses
- Pacific Trade Pact Delay Hinders U.S. Pivot to Asia