Australian actress Rose Byrne is in talks to play Grace in the upcoming movie
musical remake of "Annie," The Hollywood Reporter said.
Quvenzhane Wallis has been cast as the adorable titular orphan in the contemporary film, while Jamie Foxx is to play the wealthy Oliver "Daddy" Warbucks character, who has been renamed Benjamin Stacks, and Cameron Diaz is on-board to play nasty orphanage manager Miss Hannigan.
Grace will be Stacks' assistant and a mother figure for Annie in the movie, which is being produced by Jay Z and Will Smith. It is set for release Christmas Day 2014, the entertainment industry trade newspaper said.
Byrne is best known for her work on TV's "Damages" and in the big-screen comedy "Bridesmaids."
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Execs Help Entrepreneurs, Get Chevy Volts
- Small Firms Take Out the Trash in Jersey
- Citigroup Unit Paying $5 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Amazon Hiring on Calif.'s Central Coast
- Obama Seeks Help From Central American Leaders
- 'Big Bang' Writers Hit Comic-Con
- CalPERS Still Profiting From Tainted Investments