Australian actress Rose Byrne is in talks to play Grace in the upcoming movie
musical remake of "Annie," The Hollywood Reporter said.
Quvenzhane Wallis has been cast as the adorable titular orphan in the contemporary film, while Jamie Foxx is to play the wealthy Oliver "Daddy" Warbucks character, who has been renamed Benjamin Stacks, and Cameron Diaz is on-board to play nasty orphanage manager Miss Hannigan.
Grace will be Stacks' assistant and a mother figure for Annie in the movie, which is being produced by Jay Z and Will Smith. It is set for release Christmas Day 2014, the entertainment industry trade newspaper said.
Byrne is best known for her work on TV's "Damages" and in the big-screen comedy "Bridesmaids."
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation