Just one day after Mexican authorities
announced the arrest of the reputed boss of the Los Zetas drug
cartel, officials said Thursday they were holding an alleged leader
of another powerful drug operation.
Víctor Hugo Delgado Renteria, alias El Tornado, allegedly is one of the heads of the Jalisco Nueva Generacion cartel. He was arrested July 10 in the western state of Jalisco, the newspaper Milenio reported, citing federal prosecutors.
Federal troops captured the reputed boss of the Los Zetas cartel, Miguel Angel Trevino Morales, alias Z-40, on Monday near the US border. He is wanted for his role in two massacres in which 250 people were killed in 2010 and 2011.
Trevino Morales is on the most-wanted list of both the Mexican and US governments.
Los Zetas allegedly controls large areas in Mexico and Central America and also has operations in the US. It is blamed for having raised the level of brutality in Mexico's gang wars with beheadings and large-scale massacres, often of civilians.
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- Bolivar Appointed to NSHMBA National Board
- Rosneft Growth Slowed by Western Sanctions
- Duke Energy, Strata Partner on Big Solar Project
- SBA Kicks off Hispanic Heritage Month
- Lindsay Lohan Claims She Handled Whitney Houston's Body Bag
- Hispanic Buying Power Slow but Growing in South
- Ukraine Offers Temporary Autonomy to Rebel-held Areas
- Thousands Risk Losing Health Care Aid