Just one day after Mexican authorities
announced the arrest of the reputed boss of the Los Zetas drug
cartel, officials said Thursday they were holding an alleged leader
of another powerful drug operation.
Víctor Hugo Delgado Renteria, alias El Tornado, allegedly is one of the heads of the Jalisco Nueva Generacion cartel. He was arrested July 10 in the western state of Jalisco, the newspaper Milenio reported, citing federal prosecutors.
Federal troops captured the reputed boss of the Los Zetas cartel, Miguel Angel Trevino Morales, alias Z-40, on Monday near the US border. He is wanted for his role in two massacres in which 250 people were killed in 2010 and 2011.
Trevino Morales is on the most-wanted list of both the Mexican and US governments.
Los Zetas allegedly controls large areas in Mexico and Central America and also has operations in the US. It is blamed for having raised the level of brutality in Mexico's gang wars with beheadings and large-scale massacres, often of civilians.
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- Microsoft's Cloud Platform Shines
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- New Effort to Ban Child Labor From Tobacco Farms
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes