TORONTO, ONTARIO -- (Marketwired) -- 07/19/13 -- Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited (TSX: FFH) (TSX: FFH.U) is pleased to announce that Paul Rivett has been appointed President of Fairfax.
Over the past 10 years, Paul has held the positions of Vice President, Chief Legal Officer and Vice President, Operations at Fairfax, and he will continue in his role as Chief Operating Officer at Hamblin Watsa Investment Counsel.
Prem Watsa, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Fairfax, commented, "Paul has done an outstanding job for Fairfax in numerous roles over the past decade, and will now have increased responsibility for our operations. I look forward to continuing to work very closely with Paul. Andy Barnard, who oversees Fairfax's insurance and reinsurance operations as President of Fairfax Insurance Group, will continue reporting directly to me."
Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited is a financial services holding company which, through its subsidiaries, is engaged in property and casualty insurance and reinsurance and investment management.
Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited
Vice President, Corporate Development
Most Popular Stories
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux Set the Date
- Stocks Continue Strong After Opening Surge
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Teresa Giudice Must Serve Time in Prison