July 19--The Monster Bash will invade Four Points by Sheraton Pittsburgh North in Marshall, just outside Cranberry near the intersection of I-79 and the Pennsylvania Turnpike, this weekend.
A combo conference, film festival and expo brings in movie and TV stars along with vendors selling monster-movie collectibles. It runs today through Sunday.
Although lineups are subject to change, organizers expect actors John Saxon, Gregg Palmer and Veronica Carlson; members of Shemp Howard's and Lon Chaney's families; actors from classic Universal monster movies; Abbott and Costello impersonators; and local luminaries such as Bill Cardille, Tom Savini and "Night of the Living Dead" co-writer and producer John Russo and some cast members.
Admission is $20 per day or $45 for a three-day pass. For full details, go to www.monsterbash.us.
Honoring Rapp film
Gavin Rapp's "Since I Don't Have You," about his late mother, Skyliners' vocalist Janet Vogel Rapp, has won the art house feature film of the year honor at the New Hope Film Festival outside Philadelphia. It will show at the New Hope Art Center at 4:30 p.m. Saturday, and the filmmakers will receive the award Sunday.
(c)2013 the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Visit the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette at www.post-gazette.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Notes From the July FOMC Meeting
- Honda's Safe Approach Pays Off in Sales
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- Target Slashes Annual Profit Outlook
- Google Kid Accounts Plan Raises Worries