PREVIEW TAMWORTH's picturesque Castle Grounds will be transformed into a giant outdoor cinema next month as part of a two-day 'We Love Tamworth' initiative.
Tickets are now on sale for the town's first ever open-air film show on Saturday, August 10 which will feature blockbusters Mamma Mia and the Rocky Horror Picture Show.
Early audiences will be transported to the idyllic islands of Greece with feel-good family favourite Mamma Mia at 8.45pm while late-night revellers will be invited to don their best basques, stockings and suspenders for the Rocky Horror Picture Show cult classic, showing at 11.15pm. Audiences will be issued with headphones to ensure minimum disturbance to neighbours and persons under the age of 15 will not be admitted.
Cinema goers are invited to pack their own picnics and blankets though refreshments will be on sale, including a licensed bar.
The duo of showings will follow a performance earlier in the day by Tamworth band Carousel Circus, who will be encouraging toe- tapping on the bandstand from midday.
And the festivities will continue into Sunday, August 11 when fairground rides, water zorbing, a climbing wall, duck race, dog show, land train and children's zone featuring circus skills, face painting, balloon modelling, storytelling and craft activities will bring the historical grounds to life.
Musical accompaniment will be provided by the Central England Brass Band.
Tamworth Borough Council Deputy Leader, Councillor Rob Pritchard, said: The We Love Tamworth weekend is a fantastic addition to our popular outdoor events calendar and offers something for everyone. This combination of daytime music and events, with film shows at night, will attract a lot of people and will prove hugely popular.
Tickets, priced at Pounds 10, must be purchased in advance. Book yours online at www.tamworthassemblyrooms.co.uk or purchase from the Tamworth Information Centre.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- FAA to Appeal Court Decision Allowing Commercial Drone Use
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- Gas Prices May Jump from Calif. Emissions Law