Technology services company IBM posted lower
revenues and profits Wednesday but a hike in its forecast for
full-year earnings sent its share price up in after-hours trading.
Big Blue said it earned profits of $3.23 billion in the second quarter, down from $3.88 billion a year earlier.
Revenue slipped to $24.92 billion from $25.78 billion in the second quarter of 2012.
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- Construction Spending Down Again for August
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Exxon Gives Nod to Fracking Risks
- Morgan: 'Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Blaming Him