July 18--Two Gloucester children have been cast in North Shore Music Theatre's production of "The Wizard of Oz."
Jack Favazza and Andrew Murdock, both 14, play the roles of Munchkins. The show opened this week and runs through Aug. 4.
Favazza was recently seen in theater's production of "The Sound of Music" in the role of Kurt, and he was an IRNE Award nominee for his role as Young Tarzan in the theater's production of "Tarzan."
Murdock is no stranger to the stage, either, having appeared in numerous North Shore Music Theatre productions including "Gypsy," "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat," and "Jesus Christ Superstar." He also played Tiny Tim in five seasons of "A Christmas Carol." He can be seen on screen in film and television programs such as "Locked In," "Furry Vengeance," and "The Proposal," as well as commercials.
"The Wizard of Oz," a lavish family musical, celebrates the iconic 1939 MGM film featuring the well known characters of Dorothy, Toto and their friends the Cowardly Lion, Tin Man and Scarecrow. The show features magical special effects, and the classic songs audiences love. For tickets and information, visit www.nsmt.org or call 978-232-7200.
(c)2013 the Gloucester Daily Times (Gloucester, Mass.)
Visit the Gloucester Daily Times (Gloucester, Mass.) at www.gloucestertimes.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy