CORNWALL Film Festival returns to the Lighthouse Cinema in Newquay on November 7 to 10.
Showcasing Cornish and international films, the festival provides an opportunity for filmmakers to screen their films to an appreciative and enthusiastic audience of film lovers and directors in Cornwall. With growing international significance, the festival attracts film submissions and film-makers from all over the world.
Offering a rich programme of short and feature length films in world and independent cinema, there is something for everyone, as well as a series of film-making workshops, lectures, Q&As with industry experts and networking events. With deadlines approaching, Cornish feature films and short films from anywhere in the world still have the chance to enter this year's festival. Awards this year include the Spider Eye Animation Award with a Pounds 500 prize for the best UK animated short film and The Edge Award for the best international experimental film sponsored by Falmouth Art Gallery with a Pounds 250 prize for the winning film-maker. There are many more awards, so don't miss out on this fantastic opportunity to showcase your talent. See www.cornwallfilmfestival.com to find out more about the entry categories for this year and how to submit your film. The deadline is August 1.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low
- Sears Denies Store Closings, Layoffs Report
- Cape Cod Building Mussel Industry
- Teresa Giudice Must Serve Time in Prison