U.S. actor Evan Peters says he and girlfriend Emma Roberts are trying to "move
past" an altercation that ended in the actress' arrest for domestic violence.
Roberts, 22, was taken into custody early July 7 in Montreal after someone called police to report a fight in the couple's room and officers arrived to find Peters with a bloody nose and a bite mark.
Roberts was released hours later because her 26-year-old beau did not want to press charges.
"It was an unfortunate incident and misunderstanding. Ms. Roberts was released after questioning and the couple are working together to move past it," Peters' publicist said on his behalf in a statement issued to UsMagazine.com Tuesday.
The couple have been dating since spring 2012.
Roberts is the daughter of actor Eric Roberts and the niece of actress Julia Roberts. Her film credits include "Aquamarine," "Nancy Drew" and "Scream 4."
She is joining the cast of Peters' show "American Horror Story" this season.
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- Washington's 'The Equalizer' Debuts With $35 Million
- Effort to Oust Assad Put on Hold
- Qantas Puts World's Largest Plane on Longest Route
- Los Angeles Set to Host Small Business Summit
- Chicago Flight Delays: Questions Answered
- White House Intruder Got Farther Than Reported
- Jeb Bush: GOP Senate Would 'Fix a Few Things'