U.S. actor Evan Peters says he and girlfriend Emma Roberts are trying to "move
past" an altercation that ended in the actress' arrest for domestic violence.
Roberts, 22, was taken into custody early July 7 in Montreal after someone called police to report a fight in the couple's room and officers arrived to find Peters with a bloody nose and a bite mark.
Roberts was released hours later because her 26-year-old beau did not want to press charges.
"It was an unfortunate incident and misunderstanding. Ms. Roberts was released after questioning and the couple are working together to move past it," Peters' publicist said on his behalf in a statement issued to UsMagazine.com Tuesday.
The couple have been dating since spring 2012.
Roberts is the daughter of actor Eric Roberts and the niece of actress Julia Roberts. Her film credits include "Aquamarine," "Nancy Drew" and "Scream 4."
She is joining the cast of Peters' show "American Horror Story" this season.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- FAA to Appeal Court Decision Allowing Commercial Drone Use
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- Spotify Picking up Echo Nest
- Social Media Can Help a Company's Credit Line
- Lawful Immigrants Defend Driver's Licenses
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students