Christian Slater's film "Stranded" is to be released theatrically and through video-on-demand platforms July 26, its distributor and producers announced.
"Christian Slater showcases his versatility as an actor in 'Stranded,'" Image Entertainment's Chief Acquisition Officer Bill Bromiley said in a statement.
"In recent years, he's really established himself in the genre world, starring in many action, thriller and sci-fi films. He's solidified himself in this arena and we know that his huge following will gravitate to this film."
In the film, Slater plays Col. Gerard Brauchman, leader of a small crew cut off from Earth with their life support failing when their isolated U.S. military moon base is bombarded by a rogue meteor storm.
Slater's film credits include "The Legend of Billy Jean," "Heathers," "Pump Up the Volume," "Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves," "Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles," "Untamed Heart" and "Bed of Roses." He recently starred in the TV shows "Breaking In," "My Own Worst Enemy" and "The Forgotten."
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Herbalife Puts Off Meeting for Icahn Talks
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Senate Reaches Unemployment Benefits Deal
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Navarro Celebrates 2 Years of Vida Mia
- Venezuela Death Toll Reaches 28
- Federal Gov't Deficit Continues to Decline
- Russia Holds Large Military Drills in South
- Ukraine Moves Closer to Joining E.U.
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna