Christian Slater's film "Stranded" is to be released theatrically and through video-on-demand platforms July 26, its distributor and producers announced.
"Christian Slater showcases his versatility as an actor in 'Stranded,'" Image Entertainment's Chief Acquisition Officer Bill Bromiley said in a statement.
"In recent years, he's really established himself in the genre world, starring in many action, thriller and sci-fi films. He's solidified himself in this arena and we know that his huge following will gravitate to this film."
In the film, Slater plays Col. Gerard Brauchman, leader of a small crew cut off from Earth with their life support failing when their isolated U.S. military moon base is bombarded by a rogue meteor storm.
Slater's film credits include "The Legend of Billy Jean," "Heathers," "Pump Up the Volume," "Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves," "Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles," "Untamed Heart" and "Bed of Roses." He recently starred in the TV shows "Breaking In," "My Own Worst Enemy" and "The Forgotten."
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- Pot's Legal in WA -- But You Should Probably Ask Your Boss
- How ESPN Became a $50B Sports Empire
- Obama Cites Letter Writers in Pitching Economy
- Drive-In Movie Theaters Use Creativity to Afford Digital Switch
- U.S. Immigration Courts Facing Record Backlog
- Pau Gasol Turns Down Lakers' Offer
- President Obama Relishes Roadshow, but Agenda Still Stuck
- Stevie Fielder Changes Tune on Thad Cochran Vote-buying Story
- Farrell, Kitsch Rumored for Season 2 of 'True Detective'