Christian Slater's film "Stranded" is to be released theatrically and through video-on-demand platforms July 26, its distributor and producers announced.
"Christian Slater showcases his versatility as an actor in 'Stranded,'" Image Entertainment's Chief Acquisition Officer Bill Bromiley said in a statement.
"In recent years, he's really established himself in the genre world, starring in many action, thriller and sci-fi films. He's solidified himself in this arena and we know that his huge following will gravitate to this film."
In the film, Slater plays Col. Gerard Brauchman, leader of a small crew cut off from Earth with their life support failing when their isolated U.S. military moon base is bombarded by a rogue meteor storm.
Slater's film credits include "The Legend of Billy Jean," "Heathers," "Pump Up the Volume," "Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves," "Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles," "Untamed Heart" and "Bed of Roses." He recently starred in the TV shows "Breaking In," "My Own Worst Enemy" and "The Forgotten."
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- Maui Visitor Killed in Shark Attack
- Donors Abandon GOP Over Gun Stance
- Mexico: 'Extremely Dangerous' Radioactive Material Stolen
- CEOs More Optimistic About Economy, Hiring
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- Private Sector Employment Surges by 215,000 Jobs
- Calif. Likes Christie, Says Tea Party's a Drag
- Newtown 911 Tapes Being Released Today