Christian Slater's film "Stranded" is to be released theatrically and through video-on-demand platforms July 26, its distributor and producers announced.
"Christian Slater showcases his versatility as an actor in 'Stranded,'" Image Entertainment's Chief Acquisition Officer Bill Bromiley said in a statement.
"In recent years, he's really established himself in the genre world, starring in many action, thriller and sci-fi films. He's solidified himself in this arena and we know that his huge following will gravitate to this film."
In the film, Slater plays Col. Gerard Brauchman, leader of a small crew cut off from Earth with their life support failing when their isolated U.S. military moon base is bombarded by a rogue meteor storm.
Slater's film credits include "The Legend of Billy Jean," "Heathers," "Pump Up the Volume," "Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves," "Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles," "Untamed Heart" and "Bed of Roses." He recently starred in the TV shows "Breaking In," "My Own Worst Enemy" and "The Forgotten."
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- WWE Showing Off Its Muscles
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- As Jobs Market Strengthens, Many Don't Feel It
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Target Taps Pepsi Exec as New CEO
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- House Votes to Sue Obama