July 17--Children from the Olivet Boys and Girls Club Summer Theater Camp mounted the Face the Music Concert Tuesday at the PAL Center for the Arts.
The hour-long program was free and open to campers, parents, senior citizens groups and friends of the camp.
Youngsters ages 10 to 16 performed solo, in duets or in groups as vocalists. They also played guitar, drums or keyboard.
Face the Music is a two-week music immersion program offered to the PAL Center for the Arts through a grant from the Reading Musical Foundation.
The campers will perform again in "Disney's Mulan Jr.," a musical based on the Disney film, Aug. 8, 9 and 10 at 7 p.m. at the center, 328 Walnut St. Admission is free with a donation of one new or gently used clothing item.
For more information on the upcoming show, contact Richard Bradbury, club director, at 610-373-8910.
(c)2013 the Reading Eagle (Reading, Pa.)
Visit the Reading Eagle (Reading, Pa.) at readingeagle.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Paniagua Wins Grand Prize in Young Artists Program
- Yaris Adds French Flair for US Market
- Cable TV Not Going Away, Says Cable TV
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- IBM to Pay Big to Unload Chip Division
- Sub Hunt Brings Cold War Chill Back to Baltic
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes
- Cowboys Turn Back Clock to Glory Days