NORMAL - The pop musical "Xanadu" makes its Twin Cities debut this weekend as the final season offering of the Normal Parks and Recreation Summer Theatre series at the Connie Link Amphitheater.
Performances are at 7:30 p.m. Thursday through Sunday and July 25 through 28, with admission set at $2 and $4. Kids younger than 6 and senior citizens are free.
"Xanadu," based on the 1980 Olivia Newton-John/Gene Kelly cult movie musical, follows the journey of Greek muse Kira, who descends to Earth to inspire a struggling Venice Beach artist.
BLOOMINGTON - Auditions for the Miller Park Summer Theater production, "The Secret Garden," will be at 9 a.m. Monday at the Bloomington Center for the Performing Arts Creativity Center, 107 E. Chestnut St., Bloomington.
The BCPA is working with Missoula Children's Theatre on the performances, which are July 26 and 27 on the Miller Park Bandstand. Children entering first grade through age 18 are eligible to participate.
The production is looking to fill 50 to 60 cast roles, in addition to four assistant directors for youth 12 to 18.
For complete details, go to www.artsblooming. org.
BLOOMINGTON - Electronic music king Bassnectar is returning for his third consecutive fall concert in Bloomington's U.S. Cellular Coliseum.
Bassnectar, the stage name for San Francisco-area DJ Lorin Ashton, will perform at 7 p.m. Oct. 4, a year to the day of his 2012 Coliseum show, which sold out. He made his Coliseum debut in October 2011.
Also appearing will be Koan Sound and Andreilien (Heyoka). Tickets are $31.50, and go on sale at 10 a.m. Friday via the Coliseum box office and Ticketmaster.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Desktop, Laptop Setups Still King
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- Four DC Comics Properties Brought to TV Get Comic-Con Event
- Nissan Profits Rise on Growth in U.S., China
- Shania Twain's Vegas residency ending after 110 shows
- 'Sharknado' Sequel Has Bite and Lots of Laughs
- Plan to Simplify 2015 Health Renewals May Backfire
- UFC Fight Night Sees Robbie Lawler Win Unanimous Decision
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy ' Sequel Slated for 2017
- Pending Home Sales Slipped in June