According to police, the accused
The 22-year-old victim had shifted to the city from her native place Balrampur almost 18 months back to prepare for medical test examinations. The victim was staying with her father at Chinhat. Being a distant relative, Khan at times used to visit the victim's home and managed to click her pictures.
He then juxtaposed the victim's pictures with those of naked women through a photo editing software. Subsequently, he posted the morphed pictures on the profile along with obscene and vulgar comments. The victim had to leave the city and shift to a relative's place following the extreme embarrassment for a few weeks.
Police said it was being probed if Khan had been harassing other women in a similar fashion.
The victims' father, who owns a cement store in Chinhat area, said, "Khan pushed my daughter to depression and we feared that she will end her life due to the constant harassment." The victim's father approached cyber cell at Hazratganj to report the matter on
Khan's father was a respected teacher of an inter college in Utraula area of Balrampur. "Khan has been booked for harassing the girl," said
Most Popular Stories
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- Maui Visitor Killed in Shark Attack
- Donors Abandon GOP Over Gun Stance
- Mexico: 'Extremely Dangerous' Radioactive Material Stolen
- CEOs More Optimistic About Economy, Hiring
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- Private Sector Employment Surges by 215,000 Jobs
- Calif. Likes Christie, Says Tea Party's a Drag
- Newtown 911 Tapes Being Released Today