Western New Mexico University recently received 70 recycling bins
designed specifically for placement at the Silver City Campus. The recycling
bins are thanks to a grant made possible by Keep America Beautiful and The
"On behalf of the student body of WNMU, I would like to express my sincerest gratitude to Keep America Beautiful for choosing our university to receive recycling bins this year. It means we may all contribute to the re-use of resources, which would otherwise end up in our local landfill; a landfill that is quickly reaching capacity," says April Lee (Writer of the Grant Awarded, WNMU Graduate Assistant for the Natural Sciences Department, Environmental Sustainability UPC Member & VP of WNMU's Environmental Sustainability Club).
The program will be spearheaded by Stan Pena (WNMU Director, Facilities and Maintenance) and Ron Reed (WNMU Facility Supervisor), in conjunction with the WNMU Environmental Sustainability Club.
(c)2013 Silver City Sun-News (Silver City, N.M.)
Visit the Silver City Sun-News (Silver City, N.M.) at www.scsun-news.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Ford Tremor: Easy to Park, Hard to Pay For
- WWE Showing Off Its Muscles
- As Jobs Market Strengthens, Many Don't Feel It
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Target Taps Pepsi Exec as New CEO
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border
- What Hamas and Israel Hope to Gain in Gaza