Western New Mexico University recently received 70 recycling bins
designed specifically for placement at the Silver City Campus. The recycling
bins are thanks to a grant made possible by Keep America Beautiful and The
"On behalf of the student body of WNMU, I would like to express my sincerest gratitude to Keep America Beautiful for choosing our university to receive recycling bins this year. It means we may all contribute to the re-use of resources, which would otherwise end up in our local landfill; a landfill that is quickly reaching capacity," says April Lee (Writer of the Grant Awarded, WNMU Graduate Assistant for the Natural Sciences Department, Environmental Sustainability UPC Member & VP of WNMU's Environmental Sustainability Club).
The program will be spearheaded by Stan Pena (WNMU Director, Facilities and Maintenance) and Ron Reed (WNMU Facility Supervisor), in conjunction with the WNMU Environmental Sustainability Club.
(c)2013 Silver City Sun-News (Silver City, N.M.)
Visit the Silver City Sun-News (Silver City, N.M.) at www.scsun-news.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Pickup Discounts Boost September Auto Sales
- Kurdish Militia Still Lack Weapons, Training
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Review: Pay by Phone or Just Keep Using Plastic?
- N.Y. Ups Awards of State Contracts to Minorities
- Ebola Victim Was Sent Home by Dallas Hospital
- Dallas Parents Fear Students Exposed to Ebola
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think
- Group Offers Online Help for College Students
- Baker Hughes to Disclose Fracking Chemicals