Twitter buzzworthy TV programs --> July 15--Shows like "The Big Bang Theory" may top the TV ratings, but when it comes to generating Twitter activity, the CBS hit's got nothing on VH1's "Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta." Nielsen's SocialGuide released its list of the Top 10 Twittered-about programs for the week of July 8-14. And "Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta," a reality show about rappers, music producers, aspiring performers and their friends and family, was at No. 1, with 629,436 tweets to its credit.
What else was big on Twitter? Here's the lineup:
1. "Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta" VH1 (629.436 Tweets)
2. "Catfish: The TV Show" MTV (583,260)
3. "Teen Wolf" MTV (366,402)
4. "Pretty Little Liars" ABC Family (320,859)
5. "Sharknado" Syfy (318,232)
6. "Wild 'N Out" MTV2 (258,696)
7. "WWE Monday Night RAW" USA (198,723)
8. "Big Brother" CBS (182,795)
9. "Big Brother" CBS (119,035)
10. "The Bachelorette" ABC (85,940)
What can we learn from this? Well, it's obvious there's not a lot of crossover between, say, Emmy nominees and the Twitter champs. Also, shows aimed at younger viewers are driving the majority of Tweets, at least according to this week's sample. Also, why isn't "Sharknado" higher on this list? Has there ever been a more perfectly Tweetable creation than "Sharknado"?
-- Kristi Turnquist
(c)2013 The Oregonian (Portland, Ore.)
Visit The Oregonian (Portland, Ore.) at www.oregonian.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- 2014 Will Be 'Breakthrough Year' for U.S., Obama Says
- Renewable Energy Group to Acquire Syntroleum
- Climate Change Isn't an Equal Opportunity Destroyer
- Ally Financial Settles Auto Loan Suit
- Kanye, Kardashians and Other Kooks: A Wacky, Tacky, Entertaining Year
- Covered California Lags on Hispanic Enrollment
- Luis Suarez Re-ups With Liverpool F.C.
- Little Risk of Deportation Under Obama
- Gay Athletes Part of U.S. Sochi Group
- Chris Christie Set to Sign Tuition Aid Bill