July 15--Shows like "The Big Bang Theory" may top the TV ratings, but when it comes to generating Twitter activity, the CBS hit's got nothing on VH1's "Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta." Nielsen's SocialGuide released its list of the Top 10 Twittered-about programs for the week of July 8-14. And "Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta," a reality show about rappers, music producers, aspiring performers and their friends and family, was at No. 1, with 629,436 tweets to its credit.
What else was big on Twitter? Here's the lineup:
1. "Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta" VH1 (629.436 Tweets)
2. "Catfish: The TV Show" MTV (583,260)
3. "Teen Wolf" MTV (366,402)
4. "Pretty Little Liars" ABC Family (320,859)
5. "Sharknado" Syfy (318,232)
6. "Wild 'N Out" MTV2 (258,696)
7. "WWE Monday Night RAW" USA (198,723)
8. "Big Brother" CBS (182,795)
9. "Big Brother" CBS (119,035)
10. "The Bachelorette" ABC (85,940)
What can we learn from this? Well, it's obvious there's not a lot of crossover between, say, Emmy nominees and the Twitter champs. Also, shows aimed at younger viewers are driving the majority of Tweets, at least according to this week's sample. Also, why isn't "Sharknado" higher on this list? Has there ever been a more perfectly Tweetable creation than "Sharknado"?
-- Kristi Turnquist
(c)2013 The Oregonian (Portland, Ore.)
Visit The Oregonian (Portland, Ore.) at www.oregonian.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- Boehner Says Impeachment Talk Is Democrat Scam
- You're So Vain: Microsoft to Launch First 'Selfie Phone'
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- U.S. Home Price Gains Slow for 6th Month in a Row
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply