Texas music icon Randy Travis is still in critical condition in a Texas
hospital, his fiancee, Mary Davis, said in a press conference on Monday.
He is still in critical condition, but his condition is stabilized, doctors said.
Randy Travis is awake and responsive. Doctors fully outlined his developments since Travis was admitted to the hospital last week with a heart virus, going on life support, suffering a stroke and more.
"He is responding well to voices and he sees and he understands. He's miles beyond where any of us thought he would be a few days ago," Davis said.
"It's heart-warming to see that we have such a strong person under there that's willing to fight with us. We all know now that we had greatness to work with. We ask for your continued support. I know that Randy will be so touched by that when he understands the magnitude of it all."
Added Dr. Michael Mack: "(Randy Travis) is breathing spontaneously with the help of the ventilator and (we) hope to have him weaned off of that very soon breathing completely on his own."
Here's the video from the Associated Press:
(c)2013 Tulsa World (Tulsa, Okla.)
Visit Tulsa World (Tulsa, Okla.) at www.tulsaworld.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- Eid al-Fitr Celebrations Mark End of Ramadan
- Oppression of Women Cripples Africa: Obama
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply
- Anarchy, Chaos Sweep Across Libya