Texas music icon Randy Travis is still in critical condition in a Texas
hospital, his fiancee, Mary Davis, said in a press conference on Monday.
He is still in critical condition, but his condition is stabilized, doctors said.
Randy Travis is awake and responsive. Doctors fully outlined his developments since Travis was admitted to the hospital last week with a heart virus, going on life support, suffering a stroke and more.
"He is responding well to voices and he sees and he understands. He's miles beyond where any of us thought he would be a few days ago," Davis said.
"It's heart-warming to see that we have such a strong person under there that's willing to fight with us. We all know now that we had greatness to work with. We ask for your continued support. I know that Randy will be so touched by that when he understands the magnitude of it all."
Added Dr. Michael Mack: "(Randy Travis) is breathing spontaneously with the help of the ventilator and (we) hope to have him weaned off of that very soon breathing completely on his own."
Here's the video from the Associated Press:
(c)2013 Tulsa World (Tulsa, Okla.)
Visit Tulsa World (Tulsa, Okla.) at www.tulsaworld.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Bundy Ranch Standoff Has Spurred Radical Right
- Repubs to Sue Obama for Delaying Obamacare
- Emmys: 'Orange' Marks Break From Sitcoms
- Thousands of Children Dragged Into U.S. Political Bickering
- Union Pulls Support of UNCF Over Koch Gift
- Fed Vice Chair Fischer: Care Needed to Avoid Crisis
- Dems Float Long-Shot Effort to Curb Campaign Cash
- Border Crisis Could Lead to Faster Deportations
- Portugal Bank Fears Spark Selloff
- Collegefeed Connects Grads and Jobs