Texas music icon Randy Travis is still in critical condition in a Texas
hospital, his fiancee, Mary Davis, said in a press conference on Monday.
He is still in critical condition, but his condition is stabilized, doctors said.
Randy Travis is awake and responsive. Doctors fully outlined his developments since Travis was admitted to the hospital last week with a heart virus, going on life support, suffering a stroke and more.
"He is responding well to voices and he sees and he understands. He's miles beyond where any of us thought he would be a few days ago," Davis said.
"It's heart-warming to see that we have such a strong person under there that's willing to fight with us. We all know now that we had greatness to work with. We ask for your continued support. I know that Randy will be so touched by that when he understands the magnitude of it all."
Added Dr. Michael Mack: "(Randy Travis) is breathing spontaneously with the help of the ventilator and (we) hope to have him weaned off of that very soon breathing completely on his own."
Here's the video from the Associated Press:
(c)2013 Tulsa World (Tulsa, Okla.)
Visit Tulsa World (Tulsa, Okla.) at www.tulsaworld.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation