The U.S. News and World Report released its Best Hospitals of 2013-2014
For the report, U.S. News examined almost 4,800 hospitals across the country. Included in the data are best hospitals by specialty, state, region and metropolitan area.
Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, Md., earned the top spot in the national list, followed by Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, Mass., Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., Cleveland Clinic in Cleveland, Ohio and the University of California Los Angeles Medical Center in Los Angeles Calif.
Barnes-Jewish Hospital in St. Louis took the top prize in Missouri. St Luke's Hospital system in Kansas City tied Mercy Hospital in St. Louis for second place. North Kansas City Hospital took 10th place and Heartland Regional Medical Center was awarded 12th place in the state.
The University of Kansas Hospital was ranked first in Kansas.
Most Popular Stories
- India Recognizes Transgender People as 'Third Gender'
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- Michael Bloomberg Takes Aim at the NRA
- Brands Get Caught in Bitter-Tweet Traps
- Depp, Pfister Are Tech Philosophers
- U.S. Housing Starts up in March After Bitter Winter
- AC/DC Denies Rumor It's Done Rocking
- U.S. Capacity Utlization Rate Rose More Than Expected in March
- Man Arrested After Driving Stolen Car to Court Hearing
- U.S. Job Market Still Needs Fed Stimulus: Yellen