The U.S. News and World Report released its Best Hospitals of 2013-2014
For the report, U.S. News examined almost 4,800 hospitals across the country. Included in the data are best hospitals by specialty, state, region and metropolitan area.
Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, Md., earned the top spot in the national list, followed by Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, Mass., Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., Cleveland Clinic in Cleveland, Ohio and the University of California Los Angeles Medical Center in Los Angeles Calif.
Barnes-Jewish Hospital in St. Louis took the top prize in Missouri. St Luke's Hospital system in Kansas City tied Mercy Hospital in St. Louis for second place. North Kansas City Hospital took 10th place and Heartland Regional Medical Center was awarded 12th place in the state.
The University of Kansas Hospital was ranked first in Kansas.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- Social Media Causee Sleep Deprivation in Students
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Unexpectedly
- Banks Buying Little From Minority Firms: Study
- General Electric Plans IPO of Credit Card Unit
- 'Candy Crush' Maker Files IPO
- First-time U.S. Jobless Claims Hit 3-month Low
- SXSW Crash Kills 2, Injures 23
- U.S. Business Inventories Up, Retail Sales Down