NEW YORK, NY -- (Marketwired) -- 07/16/13 -- Institutional Investor Journals has launched The Journal of Retirement (JOR). JOR is dedicated to the study and advancement of retirement strategies, policy and solutions. The journal comprises thought-leading retirement research by and for financial advisors, retirement savings plan sponsors, policy experts and those structuring retirement products.
The inaugural issue includes articles that have been written by leading experts in the area and reflect the broad scope of JOR's editorial mission.
Mark Warshawsky of Towers Watson surveys the range of lifetime income products on the market, from traditional life annuities to longevity insurance and other recent innovations, analyzes their historical and recent payout patterns and considers their implications for plan sponsors who want to provide lifetime retirement income to their members.
In another article, Jeffrey Brown, Jeffrey Kling, Sendhil Mullainathan and Marian Wrobel shed light on the behavioral impediments to a decision to buy an annuity. They conclude that potential annuitants find annuities more attractive if they are presented in a consumption framework that stresses their insurance aspects, rather than an investment framework.
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- NSA Tracks 5 Billion Cellphone Records a Day
- Nelson Mandela Dies After Momentous Life
- Nelson Mandela Dead at 95
- W.H. Corrects Itself on Unclegate
- Pope Francis Says He'll Fight Child Sex Abuse
- Yemen Attack Kills 52
- Fast-Food Workers Want $15 an Hour
- Roybal-Allard Tours Gordon Brush Plant
- Aspen Contracting Adding 300 Jobs