Glee actor Cory Monteith died from an overdose
of heroin and alcohol, according to the British Columbia coroner, the
Canadian Press reported Tuesday.
Monteith was found dead in his hotel in Vancouver on Saturday. The actor had struggled with drugs and alcohol abuse for years.
The report said that coroners performed an autopsy and toxicology analysis as part of the post-mortem testing which confirmed the drug toxicity. According to the report, the coroner's service said there was no evidence that Monteith's death was anything other than accidental.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- The Hip New Career? Farming
- McDonald's Names Another U.S. President
- Student Startup Develops Date-rape Detector
- Sahara Casino Rises Anew as SLS Las Vegas
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- Chinese Coal Gas Boom Poses Climate Risks
- Job Market Shifts Complicate Yellen's Rate Decision
- U.S. Supporters of Islamic State Get Close Scrutiny
- Dems Losing Fear of Obamacare