OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwired) -- 07/16/13 -- - The Chief Electoral Officer of Canada, Marc Mayrand, received on July 15, 2013, the warrant from the Speaker of the House of Commons indicating that the seat for Provencher (Manitoba) is vacant.
- At least 11 days and no more than 180 days must pass after the receipt of a warrant by the Chief Electoral Officer before a by-election is called, in accordance with subsection 31(1) of the Parliament of Canada Act.
- Pursuant to subsection 57(3) of the Canada Elections Act, the by-election must be held on a Monday. Since the date of the election must be at least 36 days after the issue of the writ, the earliest that the by-election in Provencher can be held is on Monday, September 2, 2013.
Vote. Shape your world.
Elections Canada is an independent body set up by Parliament.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- 'Holy grail of guitars' OM-45 Deluxe Available in in NY Auction
- Justin Bieber Loses Cool Over Selena Gomez
- Maya Angelou Cancels Milagro Gala Appearance Due to Illness
- Spotify Picking up Echo Nest
- Goya Nutritionist Answers Demand for Healthy Hispanic Dishes
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- Getty Releases Millions of Images for Free Via Embed Tool