ANAHEIM, California, July 15, 2013 /PRNewswire-HISPANIC PR WIRE/ -- Friday the 13th – Sept. 13, 2013 – will offer extra chills this year at the Disneyland Resort. On that day, The Happiest Place on Earth gets spookier as Halloween Time returns with Disney villains, Mickey Mouse and his friends in Halloween costumes, a Dia de los Muertos celebration and the special after-hours Mickey's Halloween Party at Disneyland Park. In addition, popular attractions are transformed for the season into Haunted Mansion Holiday and Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy as the Disneyland Resort celebrates Halloween Time through Halloween, Thursday, Oct. 31.
( Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130715/LA47462 )
This year the after-hours Mickey's Halloween Party, a separate-ticket event* for trick-or-treating families, will expand to a spooky total of 13 special nights in Disneyland Park. Tickets go on sale to the general public July 15 at Disneyland.com/Halloween. Tickets for the general public also will be sold beginning July 15 at the Disneyland Resort main gate and by phone at 714-781-4400.
Mickey's Halloween Party dates are: Friday, Sept. 27; Tuesday, Oct. 1; Friday, Oct. 4; Tuesday, Oct. 8; Friday, Oct. 11; Tuesday, Oct. 15; Friday, Oct. 18; Monday, Oct. 21; Wednesday, Oct. 23; Friday, Oct. 25; Monday, Oct. 28; Wednesday, Oct. 30; and Thursday, Oct. 31.
A fun new feature of Mickey's Halloween Party is the "Monsters U Dance Party" at Tomorrowland Terrace. Class time is over, and the students of Monsters University join Mickey's Halloween Party guests in a family-friendly frat party with the most popular students from "Monster's U," Mike & Sulley.
Mickey's Halloween Party invites adults and children to dress up in costume and trick-or-treat at Disneyland Park, enjoying candy and healthy treats. These party participants can also arrive before the party to "mix in" with regular Disneyland guests for three hours prior to the start of Mickey's private bash.
Highlights of Mickey's Halloween Party include:
• The "Halloween Screams" fireworks spectacular, hosted by "Master of Scare-omonies" Jack Skellington (presented exclusively for guests of Mickey's Halloween Party)
• "Mickey's Costume Party" cavalcade featuring some favorite characters, performed twice nightly
• An opportunity for everyone in the family to attend the park in costumes
• Photo locations with some popular Disney and Pixar Pals, and Disney Villains
• Nearly all the Disneyland rides and attractions, plus Haunted Mansion Holiday and Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy
• Complimentary parking for one standard-size vehicle
Tickets to Mickey's Halloween Party purchased in advance are $59 each for selected nights, while tickets purchased on the event days are $67 each. All tickets to Mickey's Halloween Party on Wednesday, Oct. 30, and Halloween Night, Thursday, Oct. 31, are $74 each. Mickey's Halloween Party is a non-smoking event. Smoking will be permitted only in the Esplanade outside the Disneyland Main Entrance.
The daily Halloween Time celebration at Disneyland Resort, Sept. 13 (Friday the 13th!) through Oct. 31, offers frightful fun for guests of all ages.
• Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy in Tomorrowland begins as a typical Space Mountain adventure, but suddenly launches voyagers into a haunted section of the universe.
• Jack Skellington returns to bring back Haunted Mansion Holiday to New Orleans Square in Disneyland Park. Transformed with a mix of Halloween spookiness and Christmas tradition, Haunted Mansion Holiday is inspired by the classic animated film "Tim Burton's Nightmare Before Christmas."
• For spine-tingling fun, drop in at The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™* at Disney California Adventure Park, where a "supernatural" event happened on Halloween night, 1939, forever haunting the building.
• Main Street, U.S.A. in Disneyland Park is transformed for the Pumpkin Festival, with hundreds of pumpkins on display, no two of them the same.
• Disney villains will be conjured up in a sideshow tent at the Halloween Carnival at Big Thunder Ranch in Frontierland.
• Guests at Halloween Carnival at Big Thunder Ranch will also find some favorite Disney characters in Halloween costumes, along with pumpkin carvers, Halloween decor and activities for youngsters.
• Frontierland observes Dia de los Muertos with a traditional skeleton display.
For more details about Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort, see Disneyland.com/Halloween. This site will be updated with frightfully fun details.
*The Twilight Zone® is a registered trademark of CBS, Inc., and is used with permission pursuant to a license from CBS, Inc. ©Disney/CBS, Inc
About the Disneyland Resort
The Disneyland Resort features two spectacular theme parks – Disneyland (the original Disney theme park) and the newly reimagined Disney California Adventure Park – plus three hotels and the Downtown Disney District, comprised of unique dining, entertainment and shopping experiences. The Resort's hotels are the luxurious, 948-room Disney's Grand Californian Hotel & Spa, which also features 50 two-bedroom equivalent DVC units; the magical, newly renovated, 973-room Disneyland Hotel – both AAA Four Diamond properties – and the 481-room Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel with its "day-at-the-beach" fun. For information on attractions and vacations at Disneyland Resort, visit http://www.disneyland.com, call (866) 43-DISNEY or contact local travel agents.
*Space is limited, and tickets are available while supplies last. Online purchases unavailable on day of event. Limit eight (8) tickets per person, per event date. Each ticket is valid for admission to the event and parking for one (1) vehicle (larger vehicles may require an additional fee) on the specified event date. Tickets are nonrefundable and may not be sold or transferred for commercial use. Advance purchase savings available on select nights until one day prior to the event date. May not be combined with other discounts. Tickets are valid for admission to the designated party and to the Theme Park beginning at a specified time prior to party commencement. All costumes must adhere to any guidelines as determined solely by Disney. Please choose costumes that are not obstructive, offensive or violent. Guests' eyes must be visible at all times. Offer and event information and activities are subject to restrictions and change without notice.
SOURCE Disneyland Resort
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- Microsoft's Cloud Platform Shines
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes
- New Effort to Ban Child Labor From Tobacco Farms