Here's a list of a few of the movies that have been filmed in the suburbs:
* "Precious Mettle" (to be released in 2014), filmed recently at homes in Naperville and Aurora.
* "Contagion" (2011), filmed at the old Sherman Hospital in Elgin, at the Tellabs building in Naperville, and in other spots in Skokie and Waukegan.
* "Road to Perdition" (2002), filmed in downtown West Dundee, at a home on Sutton Road in Barrington Hills and on State Street in downtown Geneva.
* Reception scenes from "My Best Friend's Wedding" (1997), filmed at Cuneo Museum & Gardens in Vernon Hills.
* "Groundhog Day" (1993), filmed in Woodstock.
* "Wayne's World" (1992), filmed in Aurora and Berwyn.
* "The Breakfast Club" (1985), filmed in the since-shuttered Maine North High School in Des Plaines.
* The beach scenes in "The Blues Brothers" (1980), shot at Bangs Lake in Wauconda.
* Between 1983-1990, many North Shore homes were featured in movies, including "Home Alone," "Ferris Bueller's Day Off," "Risky Business," "Ordinary People," "Weird Science," "Sixteen Candles," "Planes, Trains and Automobiles" and "She's Having a Baby."
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Boehner Lashes Out Against Ted Cruz, Far Right
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Hawaii Official Who Release Obama Certificate Only Victim of Plane Crash
- Cheap Gas Drives Down U.S. Wholesale Prices Again
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Ford Plans New Cars, Jobs in 2014
- Gold, Silver Slide on Prospects of Fed Exit
- 'Rape Insurance' Bill Passes in Michigan
- Producer Price Index Dropped in November
- Beyonce Releases New Album With No Marketing