Here's a list of a few of the movies that have been filmed in the suburbs:
* "Precious Mettle" (to be released in 2014), filmed recently at homes in Naperville and Aurora.
* "Contagion" (2011), filmed at the old Sherman Hospital in Elgin, at the Tellabs building in Naperville, and in other spots in Skokie and Waukegan.
* "Road to Perdition" (2002), filmed in downtown West Dundee, at a home on Sutton Road in Barrington Hills and on State Street in downtown Geneva.
* Reception scenes from "My Best Friend's Wedding" (1997), filmed at Cuneo Museum & Gardens in Vernon Hills.
* "Groundhog Day" (1993), filmed in Woodstock.
* "Wayne's World" (1992), filmed in Aurora and Berwyn.
* "The Breakfast Club" (1985), filmed in the since-shuttered Maine North High School in Des Plaines.
* The beach scenes in "The Blues Brothers" (1980), shot at Bangs Lake in Wauconda.
* Between 1983-1990, many North Shore homes were featured in movies, including "Home Alone," "Ferris Bueller's Day Off," "Risky Business," "Ordinary People," "Weird Science," "Sixteen Candles," "Planes, Trains and Automobiles" and "She's Having a Baby."
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- What to Expect From an Amazon Smartphone
- Clinton Sought GOP Support for Health Plan
- Auto Parts Plant Opening in Pa., Jobs on Tap
- Saucedo Mercer Running on Empty in Arizona
- Earnings Season Starts Rough for Health Insurers
- Spring Salmon Return to San Joaquin
- IPO Market Shows Signs of Settling Down to Earth
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001
- Pakistan Library Dedicated to 'Osama bin Laden, the Martyr'