Canadian actor and singer Cory Monteith, best known as Finn Hudson on "Glee,"
has been found dead in a Canadian hotel, Vancouver police said late Saturday.
He was 31.
People.com reported his body was discovered by Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel staff when he missed his check-out time Saturday afternoon, however, the cause of his death was not immediately clear.
Foul play was not suspected, People.com said.
TMZ said Monteith was dead for several hours when he was found and an autopsy to determine why he died is scheduled for Monday.
"We are so saddened to confirm that the reports on the death of Cory Monteith are accurate. We are in shock and mourning this tragic loss," his representatives said in a statement to E! News Sunday.
The actor, who also appeared in the 2011 romantic comedy "Monte Carlo" with Selena Gomez, was treated for substance addiction this year.
He had been dating his "Glee" co-star Lea Michele, who plays Rachel on the musical dramedy series, for several years.
E! News said she was not with him at the time of his death.
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- Creepers! Microsoft Buys 'Minecraft' Maker for $2.5 Billion
- Hispanic Buying Power Slow but Growing in South
- Back to School, Even in Immigration Jail
- Apple: Record iPhones 6 Orders on 1st Day
- U.S. Factory Output Slowed 0.4 Percent in August
- Is a Mayweather, Pacquiao Big-Money Fight Possible?
- Clinton: 'Fabulous to Be Back' in Iowa
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- DOJ Launches Program to Thwart U.S. Extremists