Canadian actor and singer Cory Monteith, best known as Finn Hudson on "Glee,"
has been found dead in a Canadian hotel, Vancouver police said late Saturday.
He was 31.
People.com reported his body was discovered by Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel staff when he missed his check-out time Saturday afternoon, however, the cause of his death was not immediately clear.
Foul play was not suspected, People.com said.
TMZ said Monteith was dead for several hours when he was found and an autopsy to determine why he died is scheduled for Monday.
"We are so saddened to confirm that the reports on the death of Cory Monteith are accurate. We are in shock and mourning this tragic loss," his representatives said in a statement to E! News Sunday.
The actor, who also appeared in the 2011 romantic comedy "Monte Carlo" with Selena Gomez, was treated for substance addiction this year.
He had been dating his "Glee" co-star Lea Michele, who plays Rachel on the musical dramedy series, for several years.
E! News said she was not with him at the time of his death.
Most Popular Stories
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Ukraine Says Russians Firing Across the Border
- Ford Q2 Net Profit up 6 Percent
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- U.S. Weighs Refugee Status for Immigrant Kids