July 13--Few things seem to excite children (and some adults) like a carnival midway. It's surprising in an age where everyone has a world of high tech entertainment in their pocket, how the bright flashing lights, loud music and screams of delight seem to draw people into a magical world of rides and games.
Mankato-based Family Fun Shows knows this simple truth and brings their rides to festivals around the country, including this weekend's North Mankato Fun Days. Kids ran from ride to ride Wednesday and Thursday, making the most of the $20 unlimited ride wristbands they purchased.
Music blared from speakers as kids stood in small groups quickly deciding what ride to go on next or which game to play. All the while the lights streaked through the night sky, lighting up Wheeler Park with an otherworldly glow. But by tonight Wheeler Park will be dark once again as the carnival is packed up and moved on to the next festival.
(c)2013 The Free Press (Mankato, Minn.)
Visit The Free Press (Mankato, Minn.) at www.mankatofreepress.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- Microsoft's Cloud Platform Shines
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes
- New Effort to Ban Child Labor From Tobacco Farms