July 13--Few things seem to excite children (and some adults) like a carnival midway. It's surprising in an age where everyone has a world of high tech entertainment in their pocket, how the bright flashing lights, loud music and screams of delight seem to draw people into a magical world of rides and games.
Mankato-based Family Fun Shows knows this simple truth and brings their rides to festivals around the country, including this weekend's North Mankato Fun Days. Kids ran from ride to ride Wednesday and Thursday, making the most of the $20 unlimited ride wristbands they purchased.
Music blared from speakers as kids stood in small groups quickly deciding what ride to go on next or which game to play. All the while the lights streaked through the night sky, lighting up Wheeler Park with an otherworldly glow. But by tonight Wheeler Park will be dark once again as the carnival is packed up and moved on to the next festival.
(c)2013 The Free Press (Mankato, Minn.)
Visit The Free Press (Mankato, Minn.) at www.mankatofreepress.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say