Movie event: "On Golden Pond" will be shown at 2 p.m. today as part of the Tennessee Theatre's "Summer Movie Magic" film series. Admission is $8 adults, $6 seniors and children. More info: www.tennesseetheatre.com.
Rock show: Rock act Toad the Wet Sprocket has reunited and just released a new album. Check out the band best known for its hits "Walk on the Ocean" and "All I Want" at 8 p.m. today at the Bijou Theatre, 803 S. Gay St. Tickets are $25. Read an interview with the band at www.knoxville.com.
Bastille Day: Today marks La Fete Nationale in France, also known as French National Day or, in English-speaking countries, Bastille Day. It commemorates the 1790 Fete de la Federation, held on the first anniversary of the storming of the Bastille on July 14, 1789. Celebrations include a military parade in Paris, as well as communal meals, dances, parties and fireworks.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- High-Tech Home Theaters Undergoing a Revolution
- Amazon Prime Grabs Classic HBO TV Series
- Wellness Programs Grow More Popular With Employers
- Sales of New Homes Fell 14.5 Percent in March
- Procter & Gamble Income Up on Cost Cutting
- Obama Opens Japan Trip with Sushi Stop
- FedEx Sued Over Deadly California Bus Crash
- #myNYPD Twitter Campaign Backfires for NYPD
- Boeing Flying High With Strong First Quarter
- Google, SunPower Team Up on Solar Power