Movie event: "On Golden Pond" will be shown at 2 p.m. today as part of the Tennessee Theatre's "Summer Movie Magic" film series. Admission is $8 adults, $6 seniors and children. More info: www.tennesseetheatre.com.
Rock show: Rock act Toad the Wet Sprocket has reunited and just released a new album. Check out the band best known for its hits "Walk on the Ocean" and "All I Want" at 8 p.m. today at the Bijou Theatre, 803 S. Gay St. Tickets are $25. Read an interview with the band at www.knoxville.com.
Bastille Day: Today marks La Fete Nationale in France, also known as French National Day or, in English-speaking countries, Bastille Day. It commemorates the 1790 Fete de la Federation, held on the first anniversary of the storming of the Bastille on July 14, 1789. Celebrations include a military parade in Paris, as well as communal meals, dances, parties and fireworks.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- House Shelves Immigration Bill, Goes on Vacation
- Ford Tremor: Easy to Park, Hard to Pay For
- What Hamas and Israel Hope to Gain in Gaza
- Notorious RBG Tells All in Couric Interview
- Why Samsung Shares Plunged in the April-June Quarter
- House GOP Leaders Abandon Immigrant Bill
- NASA Plans to Make Oxygen on Mars
- Market Loses All of July's Gains in One Day
- Wisconsin Supreme Court: Voter IDs Must Be Free