Movie event: "On Golden Pond" will be shown at 2 p.m. today as part of the Tennessee Theatre's "Summer Movie Magic" film series. Admission is $8 adults, $6 seniors and children. More info: www.tennesseetheatre.com.
Rock show: Rock act Toad the Wet Sprocket has reunited and just released a new album. Check out the band best known for its hits "Walk on the Ocean" and "All I Want" at 8 p.m. today at the Bijou Theatre, 803 S. Gay St. Tickets are $25. Read an interview with the band at www.knoxville.com.
Bastille Day: Today marks La Fete Nationale in France, also known as French National Day or, in English-speaking countries, Bastille Day. It commemorates the 1790 Fete de la Federation, held on the first anniversary of the storming of the Bastille on July 14, 1789. Celebrations include a military parade in Paris, as well as communal meals, dances, parties and fireworks.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Twitter Offers App Install Ads
- Asia Seeks Obama's Assurance Over Spats
- Nevada Range Showdown Draws Armed Supporters
- What to Expect From an Amazon Smartphone
- Coachella's Young Audience a Marketers Paradise
- Putin: No Blocks to Boosting Relations With West
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- National Energy Boom Blurs Political Battle Lines
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved