Here's the schedule for the remaining Summer Sounds concerts at St. Clair Park in Greensburg.
Shows begin at 7 p.m. Preshow music is presented 6:15-6:45 p.m., unless noted otherwise.
- Tonight, The Sweetback Sisters bring some country swing and honky-tonk tunes to the park ampitheater, with preshow music by Mo Nelson. The Sisters' sound is described as "somewhere between Patsy Cline and Bette Midler, with a little Kitty Wells on the side," according to the concert series website.
- July 19 brings Jesse Dee and his rhythm and blues and soul music -- with horns. Ryan Egan provides the preshow entertainment.
- On July 26, Guggenheim Grotto reunites with a Greensburg crowd that knows the group's Gaelic folk-rock sound from Dublin. Ben Shannon performs the preshow.
- It's another return engagement on Aug. 2, when Snarky Puppy fills the park with its unique funk rock jazz fusion sound. Jenny Morgan warms up the crowd.
- Aug. 9 features East Tennessee mountain music, bluegrass and gospel from The Black Lillies with preshow music from Sue Gartland.
- On Aug. 16, The SteelDrivers bring its distinctive blend of blues, country and bluegrass immortalized by Adele on "21" with The SteelDrivers' "If It Hadn't Been For Love," from its second album. Marty Zundel provides the preshow music.
- Aug. 23 brings a mix of jazz, pop and jive from Lake Street Dive in the main show, preceded by the music of Mike Strasser.
- Yarn wraps up the series Aug. 30, when it fills the park with music that's a little bit bluegrass, a little bit alternative country and a little bit bluesy. Giving the preshow is Mike Hickey.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- GM to Stop Making Autos in Australia
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Selena Gomez, Shakira Among Top Hispanic Searches
- How to Survive a Subzero Stranding
- Budget Deal Sets Off Grumbles in Both Houses
- It's Primary Time in Texas
- N.M. Dems Say Nonprofit Helping Martinez Campaign
- How Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies Work
- Deficit Shrinks, Hiring Grows as Economy Improves