July 13--Dean Stockwell's next movie will be a political thriller. The New Mexico resident will star in the film, "Persecuted," which will begin mid-July.
The production will wrap up in early August and will film in Albuquerque.
It is the story of contemporary evangelist John Luther, played by James Remar, who is framed for the murder of Sen. Donald Harrison, played by Bruce Davison, by Harrison's allies. Suddenly, Luther's oncenormal life is turned upside down as he becomes a fugitive, vowing to expose those responsible -- a mission that brings him face to face with a coming storm of persecution.
The film is an original political drama by New Mexico writer and director Daniel Lusko. "This is a real New Mexico movie, made by New Mexicans from the ground up," says Lusko.
In a recent interview, Stockwell said he was excited to be well in his seventh decade of working in the film industry and talked about filming in New Mexico.
"If a role is good, I'll jump on the project," he says. "I've been lucky and also worked hard in my career to keep it going this long. I've always been involved in film and try to keep moving forward."
Remar has appeared in "X-Men: First Class," "Dexter" and "Django: Unchained." Davison was seen in "X-Men," "Lost" and "Castle," while Trujillo starred in "Apocolypto" and "The New World."
According to the New Mexico Film Office, the production will employ approximately 60 New Mexico crew members, 20 principals and 350 background talent.
The film also stars Fred Thompson, Raoul Trujillo and Grammy-nominated singer Natalie Grant. Producing with Lusko will be Oscar-winning Gray Frederickson and line producer Brent Morris.
(c)2013 the Albuquerque Journal (Albuquerque, N.M.)
Visit the Albuquerque Journal (Albuquerque, N.M.) at www.abqjournal.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Atlanta Biology Lesson Compares Evolution With Satan
- Sales Show Samsung Needs Next Big Thing
- FOMC Minutes From June 17 Meeting: Full Text
- Ford Wrings Mileage out of Three-Cylinder Fiesta
- 7-Eleven Marks Appy Birthday with Freebies
- Ford Recalling 100,000 Vehicles for Safety Issues
- Hispanic Social Media Awards Announced
- Legal Pot Shops Do Roaring Business on Opening Day
- Is Eva Mendes Pregnant With Ryan Gosling's Baby?
- Citigroup Close to $7 Billion Deal in Mortgage Probe