WINNIPEG, MANITOBA -- (Marketwired) -- 07/13/13 -- The facts: 13 cities. 18 Days. 11,000 kilometres. 250,000 pounds of food. One epic road trip starting in Newfoundland and ending in British Columbia.
Five Hole for Food founder, Richard Loat and his friends are driving coast-to-coast tour for the fourth year and playing ball hockey in 13 cities to feed hungry Canadians.
Just bring a hockey stick to play in a drop-in ball hockey game. There is no charge to play; participants and spectators are encouraged to bring a non-perishable food item or cash donation. Volunteers from Siloam Mission will be on site to collected donations.
WHO: Five Hole for Food
WHAT: Charity ball hockey game to collect donations for local food banks
WHEN: Saturday, July 13, noon-4 p.m.
WHERE: Corydon Avenue at Cockburn Street
WHY: Proceeds will benefit Siloam Mission
For more information, visit http://www.FiveHoleforFood.com.
Five Hole for Food
FHFF Media Relations
Most Popular Stories
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Ukraine Says Russians Firing Across the Border
- Ford Q2 Net Profit up 6 Percent
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- U.S. Weighs Refugee Status for Immigrant Kids
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges