WINNIPEG, MANITOBA -- (Marketwired) -- 07/13/13 -- The facts: 13 cities. 18 Days. 11,000 kilometres. 250,000 pounds of food. One epic road trip starting in Newfoundland and ending in British Columbia.
Five Hole for Food founder, Richard Loat and his friends are driving coast-to-coast tour for the fourth year and playing ball hockey in 13 cities to feed hungry Canadians.
Just bring a hockey stick to play in a drop-in ball hockey game. There is no charge to play; participants and spectators are encouraged to bring a non-perishable food item or cash donation. Volunteers from Siloam Mission will be on site to collected donations.
WHO: Five Hole for Food
WHAT: Charity ball hockey game to collect donations for local food banks
WHEN: Saturday, July 13, noon-4 p.m.
WHERE: Corydon Avenue at Cockburn Street
WHY: Proceeds will benefit Siloam Mission
For more information, visit http://www.FiveHoleforFood.com.
Five Hole for Food
FHFF Media Relations
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- Microsoft's Cloud Platform Shines
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- New Effort to Ban Child Labor From Tobacco Farms
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes