Drive-in delight! Rev up the hotrod and head out for a movie under the stars at two area drive-in movie theaters. The Parkway Drive-In, 2909 E. Lamar Alexander Parkway in Maryville, will show "Monsters University" and "The Lone Ranger" at 7 p.m. today and Sunday. The Midtown Drive-In, 2728 Roane State Highway in Harriman, will screen "Monster's University" and "The Lone Ranger." Admission to either drive-in is $8 for adults, $4 for children ages 5-12. More info: www.parkwaydrivein.com or www.midtowndrivein.com.
A life less ordinary: Tonight, The Pilot Light hosts Zach and Kota's Sweet Life, Echoes, Anchor Thieves and Shedding. Music starts promptly at 10 p.m. and costs $5.
Beach, please: Surf rockers The Mutations play The Well tonight with Ebony Eyes and The Gone Bads. The show is slated for 10 p.m. and has a $5 cover.
Stargazing: Marble Springs State Historic Site presents another of its stargazing workshops today. Garry Noland, a University of Tennessee adjunct astronomy instructor, leads the 8-10 p.m. workshop. After Noland's talk, look into the night sky. Bring a flashlight. The workshop is free but donations are accepted. Marble Springs, the farmstead home of Tennessee's first governor, John Sevier, is at 1220 W. Gov. John Sevier Highway.
Theater: There's quite a bit of summer theater going on in Knoxville and the surrounding area. Here's one play performed by a group of young actors: The Knoxville Children's Theatre presents "Heidi" on select dates through July 27 at its 109 Churchwell Ave. theater. The play, adapted from the classic story, was written by the theater's executive director, Zack Allen. Shows are 7 p.m. today, July 18-19 and July 25-26; 3 p.m. July 14 and July 21; 1 and 5 p.m. July 20 and July 27. Tickets are $12 a person; $10 each for any adult and child coming to the play together. For tickets, call 865-599-5284.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- 2014 Will Be 'Breakthrough Year' for U.S., Obama Says
- Climate Change Isn't an Equal Opportunity Destroyer
- Renewable Energy Group to Acquire Syntroleum
- Kanye, Kardashians and Other Kooks: A Wacky, Tacky, Entertaining Year
- Ally Financial Settles Auto Loan Suit
- Covered California Lags on Hispanic Enrollment
- Luis Suarez Re-ups With Liverpool F.C.
- Chris Christie Set to Sign Tuition Aid Bill
- Time No Longer Stands Still for Cuban Entrepreneurs
- Gay Athletes Part of U.S. Sochi Group