FEARLESS VAMPIRE KILLERS The Forum, Tunbridge Wells. Thursday July 18. Tickets www.twforum.co.uk Kerrang! magazine labelled them 'the new band of our dreams' last year and this year the hype surrounding theatrical rockers Fearless Vampire Killers has grown.
Their debut studio album, Militia Of The Lost, was released last May. Described as a concept record by vocalist Laurence Beveridge, he says the songs in the album are about the events in the lead-up to, and subsequently the repercussions, of the city's royal palace being set on fire. And five men that cross paths and get dragged into this world of monsters and crazed revolutionaries. Influences Named after the Roman Polanski movie and citing influences including David Bowie, Queen, Green Day, Iron Maiden and Metallica, the band are rapidly rising up the ranks of new bands.
We're a rock band living in a cramped two-bedroom flat in London, they say on their website, explaining they started life in the Waveney Valley in Suffolk, playing anywhere that would have us and often ending up in old sports halls or the sides of lorries at town fairs.
Having gained the attention of Kerrang!, however, the band are no longer finding themselves as the support act at a sports hall. They were part of the Kerrang! tour, were award-nominated and even headlined the Red Bull stage at Download Festival this year.
Support at The Forum comes from local band Ugly Love and Ashestoangels.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Pickup Discounts Boost September Auto Sales
- Kurdish Militia Still Lack Weapons, Training
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Review: Pay by Phone or Just Keep Using Plastic?
- Ebola Victim Was Sent Home by Dallas Hospital
- N.Y. Ups Awards of State Contracts to Minorities
- Dallas Parents Fear Students Exposed to Ebola
- Group Offers Online Help for College Students
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think
- Baker Hughes to Disclose Fracking Chemicals