July 12--Dean Stockwell's next movie will be a political thriller.
The New Mexico resident will star in the film, "Persecuted" which will begin mid-July.
The production will wrap up in early August and will film in Albuquerque.
The film is the story of contemporary evangelist John Luther, played by James Remar, who is framed for the murder of Sen. Donald Harrison, played by Bruce Davison and his allies.
Suddenly, Luther's once normal life is turned upside down as he become a fugitive vowing to expose those responsible -- a mission that brings him face-to-face with a coming storm of persecution.
The film is an original political drama by New Mexico writer and director Daniel Lusko.
"This is a real New Mexico movie, made by New Mexicans from the ground up," states Lusko.
In a recent interview, Stockwell said he was excited to be well in his seventh decade of working in the film industry.
"If a role is good, I'll jump on the project," he says. "I've been lucky and also worked hard in my career to keep it going this long. I've always been involved in film and try to keep moving forward."
Stockwell and his wife live in Taos. In addition to acting, he is an artist and is currently showing in Santa Fe.
According to the New Mexico Film Office, the production will employ approximately 60 New Mexico crew members, 20 principals and 350 background talent.
The film also stars Fred Thompson, Raoul Trujillo and Grammy-nominated singer Natalie Grant.
Producing with Lusko will be Oscar-winning Gray Frederickson and line producer Brent Morris.
-- Email the reporter at firstname.lastname@example.org. Call the reporter at 505-823-3921
(c)2013 the Albuquerque Journal (Albuquerque, N.M.)
Visit the Albuquerque Journal (Albuquerque, N.M.) at www.abqjournal.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief