July 12--You don't need to be an outdoors-type person to enjoy lying down and gazing at the stars. And you don't have to be a indoors-type to enjoy a good movie.
Combining both is The Luigans Spa & Resort during its Cinema Night Fukuoka event. The resort is inviting film buffs to take part in the event, which is being held for the fourth time starting from this weekend. Movies will be screened at the open-air theater in the seaside Grass Garden.
A selection of 22 films will be shown on Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays after sunset. This year's film selection includes "The Intouchables" and "Les Miserables." Films will also be shown in accordance with special theme nights that include "Ladies' Night" on Wednesdays and "Family Night" on Saturdays.
The movies will be shown in their original languages with Japanese subtitles except on Saturday, when the flicks will be dubbed.
Seating is limited, so bring your own seat or a blanket to reserve a spot on the grass.
Check the weather, too. Screenings may not proceed in the case of rain.
The Cinema Night Fukuoka runs July 13 till Aug. 31. The theater opens at 7 p.m. Admission is free, food and beverages are available at the venue. The Luigans Spa & Resort is located in Higashi Ward, Fukuoka. For more information, call 092-603-2435 or visit www.luigans.com/event/detail/THE%20CINEMA%20%20NIGHT%20FUKUOKA.html (in Japanese).
(c)2013 the Japan Times (Tokyo)
Visit the Japan Times (Tokyo) at www.japantimes.co.jp/
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Cantwell Targets Gender Gap in Small-Business Loans
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Set Pace in Florida
- Perry's Lawyers Try to Close Abuse Case
- South Korea's Kia to Invest $1 Billion in Mexico
- FBI Probes JPMorgan Hack
- What's the Law for Kids at Gun Ranges?
- Apple Loses Bid to Block Sales of 9 Samsung Phones
- Mario Lopez Inks New Clear Channel Deal
- Health-care Deal Aids Port Contract Talks