OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwired) -- 07/12/13 -- NAV CANADA announced today its traffic figures for the month of June 2013 as measured in weighted charging units for en-route, terminal and oceanic air navigation services, in comparison to the prior fiscal year.
Air traffic in June 2013 increased by an average of 2.7 per cent compared to the same month in 2012.
Fiscal 2013 year-to-date traffic was 1.1 per cent lower than in the prior fiscal year. Excluding the effect for leap year in 2012, year to date traffic was 0.8 per cent lower than last year. NAV CANADA's fiscal year runs from September 1 to August 31.
Weighted charging units represent a traffic measure that reflects the number of flights, aircraft size and distance flown in Canadian airspace.
The information contained in this news release is also available in graph form.
NAV CANADA is the country's private sector civil air navigation services provider. With operations from coast to coast to coast, NAV CANADA provides air traffic control, flight information, weather briefings, aeronautical information services, airport advisory services and electronic aids to navigation.
Director, Government and Public Affairs
Manager, Public Affairs
Media Information Line:
Most Popular Stories
- High-Tech Home Theaters Undergoing a Revolution
- Amazon Prime Grabs Classic HBO TV Series
- Wellness Programs Grow More Popular With Employers
- Procter & Gamble Income Up on Cost Cutting
- Sales of New Homes Fell 14.5 Percent in March
- Obama Opens Japan Trip with Sushi Stop
- Google, SunPower Team Up on Solar Power
- #myNYPD Twitter Campaign Backfires for NYPD
- FedEx Sued Over Deadly California Bus Crash
- Boeing Flying High With Strong First Quarter