OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwired) -- 07/12/13 -- NAV CANADA announced today its traffic figures for the month of June 2013 as measured in weighted charging units for en-route, terminal and oceanic air navigation services, in comparison to the prior fiscal year.
Air traffic in June 2013 increased by an average of 2.7 per cent compared to the same month in 2012.
Fiscal 2013 year-to-date traffic was 1.1 per cent lower than in the prior fiscal year. Excluding the effect for leap year in 2012, year to date traffic was 0.8 per cent lower than last year. NAV CANADA's fiscal year runs from September 1 to August 31.
Weighted charging units represent a traffic measure that reflects the number of flights, aircraft size and distance flown in Canadian airspace.
The information contained in this news release is also available in graph form.
NAV CANADA is the country's private sector civil air navigation services provider. With operations from coast to coast to coast, NAV CANADA provides air traffic control, flight information, weather briefings, aeronautical information services, airport advisory services and electronic aids to navigation.
Director, Government and Public Affairs
Manager, Public Affairs
Media Information Line:
Most Popular Stories
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- It's No Yolk: Food-tech Startups Take Aim at Replacing Eggs